10 gallon planted tank - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 02:21 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (6/100%)
10 gallon planted tank

Hi, I've been browsing this forum for a while and am now setting up my first heavily planted tank. I have a low lighting and low tech setup in mind, with some seachem flourish tabs.
These are the plants that I have in mind: amazon sword, crypt wendtii and willisii, four leaf clover, pygmy crypts, crypt parva, cabomba, java moss, pygmy chain sword, wisteria and brazilian pennywort....
I know it seems like a lot of plants for a 10 gallon, and it is lol, but I was planning ahead because I highly doubt my lfs has all of those, but if they do...lol whatever...I will cut some off by health and price, and what I feel like for that day lol
so I was just wondering if anybody agreed with this for a low-med lighted tank in the low tech setup.
thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 02:44 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by neontetras4me View Post
Hi, I've been browsing this forum for a while and am now setting up my first heavily planted tank. I have a low lighting and low tech setup in mind, with some seachem flourish tabs.
These are the plants that I have in mind: amazon sword, crypt wendtii and willisii, four leaf clover, pygmy crypts, crypt parva, cabomba, java moss, pygmy chain sword, wisteria and brazilian pennywort....
I know it seems like a lot of plants for a 10 gallon, and it is lol, but I was planning ahead because I highly doubt my lfs has all of those, but if they do...lol whatever...I will cut some off by health and price, and what I feel like for that day lol
so I was just wondering if anybody agreed with this for a low-med lighted tank in the low tech setup.
thanks in advance
watch out with the swords :P most get way too big for a 10g. i should know, because i made the mistake :P i bought one from petsmart that looked cool then, but was actually the emersed form. when new leaves grew in the thing got gigantic and took over the tank

75G Paludarium Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

filstar pimp #171
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 02:48 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to Abrium Send a message via Skype™ to Abrium
yeah, even a single sword will kill a 10 gallon if given the opportunity.

"I got 1 tool in my toolbox and its a hammer."

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 06:26 AM
Algae Grower

yeh i did the same thing. spent 5.99 at petsmart, now my tank is about 90% swords from that initial planting. about crypt parva, it grows sooooooooo slow. there are better carpet plants.

20g red devil tank
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 07:07 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)
You can always sell or RAOK your Sword when it gets to big. I have a Collectoritis 10g.

Low Tech/Low Light Shrimp tank
C. Wendti
C. Lucens ?
Dwarf chain sword
Ludwigia repens ?
Myriophyllium mattagrossense
Var mosses
Bacopa
Dwarf Tiger Lotus Lily
And a few others from club meets.

My Shrimp jungle will get trimmed tomorrow but this is how it looks today.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315724764.624130.jpg
Views: 774
Size:  71.4 KB
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 12:44 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coursair View Post
You can always sell or RAOK your Sword when it gets to big. I have a Collectoritis 10g.

Low Tech/Low Light Shrimp tank
C. Wendti
C. Lucens ?
Dwarf chain sword
Ludwigia repens ?
Myriophyllium mattagrossense
Var mosses
Bacopa
Dwarf Tiger Lotus Lily
And a few others from club meets.

My Shrimp jungle will get trimmed tomorrow but this is how it looks today.

Attachment 34729
mine is like yours. i bought a million different plants and threw em all in

this is an old picture from when it was a jungle. right now it looks kind of ratty as i have removed a bunch of plants that were just too much for the tank. i have nicer ones, but photobucket won't let me upload them without converting them and i don't want to get into that.

plant list is:

amazon sword (way too big), flame moss, downoi, blyxa japonica, java fern, giant duckweed, bacopa caroliniana (way too big), red ludwigia (way too big), spiral vallisneria, marsilea hirsuta and another type of sword.

i wish i had done some aquascaping/planning... i just bought a bunch of plants and threw them all in together. i still like it though

75G Paludarium Build Thread:

filstar pimp #171
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (6/100%)
I forgot to put dwarf hairgrass on there, would that be a better choice than cparva? Oh and this tank has sand for substrate btw

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode