New setup, list of plants - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 07:46 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
New setup, list of plants

Hey all, looking for some feedback. I'm about to get in my lighting (48W of T5, 6500K and a 10,000K) and I'm redoing my 20 gallon long tank to be a low tech + excel. Substrate will be eco-complete. I have some driftwood I want to add, but plants are first. I want to get a really full stock of plants in there (as that seems to be the best way to start these things), and am hoping to get a carpet of dwarf hairgrass going.

Long story short, I'm going to list the plants I'm currently planning on getting, and I'm hoping someone with experience to say either "that sounds about right", "you could use more", or "you won't have room for all that". Like I said, my main goal is to have it really filled out, but with some room for the DHG to grow. I also want the plants to be mostly hardy and good with the environment I'm providing, so if you see any conflicts, let me know. I'm planning on buying from liveaquaria at the moment, and this is my list -

foreground
2x anubias nana potted
1x four leaf clover potted

midground
1x variegated japanese dwarf rush potted
2x java fern bare root
1x ludwigia peruensis bunch

background
1x hornwort bunch plant
1x temple narrow leaf bunch
1x amazon sword plant regular potted

The DHG is apparently out of stock so I need to get it somewhere else. The java fern and nana I'm planning on attaching to the driftwood if possible, the rest should be fairly self explanatory.

Thoughts? Advice?

Thanks for reading!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-04-2011, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Anything? My lighting equipment is coming in tomorrow so I'd really love to have a plan figured out so that I can order the plants and get them in next week. I'll quit bumping after this if I'm still not getting any response. Thanks!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode