Experience with Aqueon - Good - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-24-2011, 10:51 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (6/100%)
Experience with Aqueon - Good

I have the water changer from Aqueon (same thing as a Python for those that don't know). Well I had it about 2 weeks and it stopped working correctly. Petsmart told me to call aqueon, which took me about another week.

They told me it was probably a micro fracture on the sink adapter end and would send a replacement with a return shipping label..........

I waited and waited and never got anything so I went on there site to the contact section and sent them a message.

To make up for not having received the first one I was supposed to they sent me 2 First Class Mail - less than 3 days to receive.

Overall I think Aqueon is a pretty good company after this experience.

My Tanks
75 Gallon Planted Community Tank

Also run an LFS so I deal w/ over 30 tanks daily.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 12:12 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Send a message via AIM to VeeSe Send a message via MSN to VeeSe
On a semi-related note, how fast can you drain your tank with this water changer? I have one with a 25 ft hose and it drains soooooooooooo slowly. The suction isn't even strong enough to pick up eco-complete off of the bottom, and it takes 30 minutes to drain 25 gallons of water.

-VeeSe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 12:14 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (16/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeSe View Post
On a semi-related note, how fast can you drain your tank with this water changer? I have one with a 25 ft hose and it drains soooooooooooo slowly. The suction isn't even strong enough to pick up eco-complete off of the bottom, and it takes 30 minutes to drain 25 gallons of water.
I'd be taking the fill/drain adapter apart looking for a bunch of plant bits or a snail shell. One screw pretty much holds it together.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 12:26 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Send a message via AIM to VeeSe Send a message via MSN to VeeSe
It drained like that from the very first second I used it (brand new, nothing in it)

-VeeSe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 12:30 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (20/100%)
I had to contact Aqueon a few years back after a filter impeller broke, and I agree, their customer service is excellent. They quickly sent me a replacement at no charge. Also, the representative I talked to had some awesome crazy name like Super Moon Wolf or something. It was awesome.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 01:17 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeSe View Post
Try putting some plumbers tape on the inside threads and then tape around the outside after it's on (like duck tape) and see if it fixes the problem.

If it does, and it's an aqueon, call them. It could be a bad water flow assembly.

My Tanks

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 01:56 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
I have the same thing with the 50 foot hose. I've tried using it for siphoning but I couldn't get good suction because the hose is so long and the shower I use for a drain is on the same level. I just use my old siphon and 5g buckets outside the back door. It works much faster.

Good to know that Aqueon is good about replacing things!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 02:06 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (15/100%)
I am really liking Aqueon lately. I have no problems with their water changer. I have the 25 foot hose. If you're not getting enough sucting it is probably your water source, not the hose. I was getting no suction from my sink when I got it. When I replaced my faucet completely, it was pulling water out very fast. I like this hose a lot better than the python.

"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again."
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 02:07 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeman1989 View Post
I have the same thing with the 50 foot hose. I've tried using it for siphoning but I couldn't get good suction because the hose is so long and the shower I use for a drain is on the same level. I just use my old siphon and 5g buckets outside the back door. It works much faster.

Good to know that Aqueon is good about replacing things!
The sink I use to drain my tanks is on the same level of the house since it is a single story.

When I connect up the sink is actually "higher" than the bottom of the tank.

I can drain my 40G when I have a good connection at the sink (I was having to "grip" my hand around the top part of the sink attachment itself). With the new one I don't have that problem.

What aqueon originally told me is these microfractures occur because of screwing it on to tight, but I also believe it could possibly be a problem in manufacturering.

My Tanks

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 05:34 AM
I ♥ BBA!

PTrader: (112/100%)
Glad it worked out for you! However, all vendor reviews are strictly forbidden.

Without Algae, death of mankind would be inevitable.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode