The Planted Tank Forum banner

Yaow! Need some help from you pros! :D

724 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  GhostShrimp 
#1 ·
Hey, new guy on the block. Have browsed around and decided to join and ask a question. ...And maybe help out and be a helpful and contributing member.

Anyways..on to the question.

Alright I have a standard 10 gallon tank with two 13 watt lights with 5400k on a standard hood. I also have flora-max from carib-sea as a substrate, about 1-2 inches deep. I really want a covered tank of bright green! I already have some aponogetons flourishing but now I want to do dwarf sag as a carpet. Should I be dosing Seachem fluorish or have co2 in order for this to be successful? If dwarf sag wouldn't work with this set-up what do you think will? Also any other bright green plants you guys want to suggest would be welcome!

Thanks so much! I hope to learn as much as possible! :D

#5 ·
Well, all plants need co2. Just not all need added co2. There is already co2 that is constantly being replaced in your water by means of agitation, etc. I have dwarf sag in my tank right now; you can check it out in my sig. It does seem that it takes a while to send out runners, but once it does, they grow, and fast, too. But co2 will definitely help. Look into it and do research; a paintball system is easily done with 35-50 bucks. Good luck!

PS also, Microsword would be another good plant for your tank.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.