Looking for Plant Recommendations
It's been a long road but my plants are finally starting to look strong and growing steadily. I think I'm really close to dialing everything in, and I've almost removed all of the staghorn algae with the Excel treatment. First off, would adding a few more plants help keep the algae at bay by taking in any of the extra nutrients?
The biggest issue is that my lights are the stock LED's that came with the tank and aren't very strong. It also doesn't help that the tank is 25 inches tall.
Current Fertilizers: Thrive S, Seachem Potassium, Seachem Phosphorus
- Tall 60 gallon Marineland tank, with clip-on weak lights
- Substrate: Fluval Stratum
- Spiderwood driftwood
- River rocks
- Crushed coral in the 307 filter
- NO C02
- Temp 78 F
- ph 6.7
- Ammonia reading 0
- Nitrite reading 0
- Nitrate reading 10-15ppm
- KH - 6
- GH - 10
Current Plants: I've tried ALOT but they all died eventually.
- Jungle val - has been consistently growing and sending out runners, but never grows taller than 5 - 6 inches
- Possibly Amazon Sword - The plant wrapped around the driftwood in the middle, I have no clue what it is but it's decently sized. (I think this has done well because it's always been higher in the water column closer to the light.)
- Lots of Brazilian Pennywort - I had it floating for a week which I think helped it acclimate to my tank too. This has been steadily growing since I added it to the scape.
Does anyone have any recommendations for plants to add to the tank? I'd really appreciate it!
A step or two above a beginner with nothing but optimism and excitement to learn all that I can!
Full write up on my set up
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.