The Planted Tank Forum banner

Mts

2K views 24 replies 19 participants last post by  Blackheart 
#1 ·
So, how many people out there have more than one tank? I am going to assume almost everyone. :icon_wink

I only have one tank due to lack of space... a 33 long.

But, if I could I would have at least probably two or three more tanks for different purposes.

We are looking for a house currently and if we find one with a basement.... that would be a great opportunity. I would love to also have a huge tank like a 90 gallon or 125. And then maybe some smaller tanks, possibly another 33 long or 40 long followed by either a 30 breeder or 40 breeder... or both. Lol.

One thing I've always wanted to do was a dedicated shrimp tank like for cherry shrimp. I guess they could probably suffice in something like a 20 long though.

#2 ·
I would imagine many if not most people on this forum end up with MTS. One tank is never enough once you get serious on this hobby.

I started with one 10G planted tank and then added another 10G and then a 4G pico and then a 7.5G cube tank. All planted low energy setups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Pretty small tanks! I still am having a huge desire to have more than one tank. Even if it's just one more. Just for something different. I am considering trying out a 20 long when I'm able to. Possibly as a cherry shrimp tank. It would be cheaper, pretty easy to maintain and has very similar dimensions to my 33 long.

I can pick up a stand for it at my LFS, a cabinet style one for 120 dollars. Not too bad. Compared to how expensive it is for 40 breeder/55 gallon stands. Close to 200 dollars. I'm talking cabinet style ones which is a must for my wife. Plus... always nice being able to get a 20 long from the DPG sale for 20 bucks. A new tank and stand for 140 dollars. Can't beat that.

#9 ·
I started lockdown in March with just one aquarium. Since then I started a 5.5 gallon pea puffer tank & a 15 gallon Fluval flex. I am currently looking around my place to see where I can squeeze in one more !!

Reactions: sudhirr
#15 ·
I started with a 20g high for a betta.

Currently:
2x 75 gallons
2x 55 gallons
6x 20 gallons
2x 10 gallons
1x 5 gallon
2x small betta type aquariums (empty)

I am also in the market for a 110 to 120 gallon for my poor rainbow fish who are stuck in a 55 at the moment.

#16 ·
I have fully recovered from MTS and now recognize the signs of addiction: maybe bigger would be more impressive, maybe smaller would be a nice addition somewhere, maybe I can create an entirely different aquascape and/or with wildly different inhabitants. I even considered saltwater for masochists. I now have one 29-gal but, at my peak, had an assortment that numbered to eight. I finally decided that I simply don't want to sit around all day moving from one tank to another to enjoy them ...when I wasn't working on them.

#18 ·
Started with a 55 and 9 angels, and now have a 75 as well. Right now they're in separate rooms, and given my hectic schedule I find I don't give the bedroom tank the love it deserves. Wish I could find a way to build a big sump under the main one, and partition part off as a breeding tank etc. Haven't got bitten by the shrimp bug yet, but am considering a small low-maintenance halocaridina tank somewhere. One more thing to do in all my spare time LOL

#19 ·
I started back into the hobby with a 10g on the kitchen bar because I was afraid to get anything heavier. I also decided I wanted an Aqua One Betta trio because I'm never happy with only one betta. I'm disinclined to alarm my landlord with big aquaria so a couple more wee tanks discovered at pet stores followed in quick succession.

10g community
~10g betta trio
3g cube
6.5g bookshelf

Does the 1g cube where I'm going to try a bowl lotus count as an aquarium or a houseplant? I'm going with houseplant.

#21 ·
29, 20 long, 10 (quarantine really). Hoping to do some major house work next year, and then add something large, like 150. At one time, when still in CA had also multiple 10's each with different breeding apisto pairs.

#22 ·
I have a 20 long, a 5 gallon, and a temporary 10 gallon quarantine tank. I don't think I can convince my spouse to have more tanks, but in a year or two I might upgrade the 20 to something in the 40 to 65 gallon range. I'd prefer to keep the 20 going and use it for trying a blackwater tank, or a breeding project, or some other kind of "experimental" tank, but that's probably not going to be feasible while the kiddo is young. Main display + side project + nano tank sounds like a nice balance (plus a quarantine/hospital tank as needed). I guess my nano tank is my side project for now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.