The Planted Tank Forum banner

Ideas on Fish for 29 Gallon

863 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  sanehls 
#1 ·
I have a 29 Gallon tank with driftwood and a decent variety of plants (1 large amazon sword, 2 crypts, some mini swords, and a large hygrophilia. I have 7 neon tetras, an otocinclus, and lots of hitchhiker ramshorn snails. I just added an amano shrimp and 5 pacific blue signifer rainbows. I would like to add a larger fish type (likely a rainbow, if possible), but was hoping for some ideas.

As an aside, I removed the duckweed shown in my picture (to the best of my ability), at the recommendation of a seemingly knowledgeable guy at my LFS.

Thanks in advance to all.

See less See more
#4 ·
Absolute no on dwarf gourami if you are getting shrimp. If you do get a dwarf gourami make sure you get a female, they can be peaceful, but in general it's a fish that is not that peaceful. If you like gouramis and want peaceful go with sparkling, honey or thick-lipped (Also bad ideas with shrimp though)

#5 ·
I'm not set on the dwarf gourami, but I would like some larger fish to contrast the smaller fish I have. Would a group of Neon Rainbows (1 male and 2 females) be ok? I know six rainbows is ideal, but I don't want to overcrowd my tank.

Thanks again for the help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.