Wish shopping site? Experience? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-27-2020, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Wish shopping site? Experience?

I'm suddenly bombed with ads from a site which I have no experience with and it appears to have some things which we might use in various ways. But the problem is that the prices and several points make it seem so dodgy that I'm not sure I want to give them my name, let alone money!
So this group seems to be a pretty far ranging group who might have some tales to tell if they have used this site?
https://www.wish.com/?hide_login_modal=true
A product I use a fair amount of and might find worth a try:
https://www.wish.com/feed/tabbed_fee...n=15&share=web

Last edited by PlantedRich; 04-27-2020 at 06:59 PM. Reason: correction
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-27-2020, 09:47 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
I have used wish for various items. You must read the reviews before buying. It can take 2 months to get your items and sometimes they never arrive. If you donít get your item by the date promised just contact customer service and they will give you a refund either by wish cash or to the original card you used to buy the item. They are very good about refunds. The prices must be checked before ordering. The price on the add may not reflect the actual price. Also check the delivery options price before swiping to pay.
I have purchased good sponges for my matten filter.
If you purchase clothing order at least 2 sizes up from your regular size. I hope this is helpful. Donít order plant seeds etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-27-2020, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
[QUOTE=Chickinpic;11335023]I have used wish for various items. You must read the reviews before buying. It can take 2 months to get your items and sometimes they never arrive. If you donít get your item by the date promised just contact customer service and they will give you a refund either by wish cash or to the original card you used to buy the item. They are very good about refunds. The prices must be checked before ordering. The price on the add may not reflect the actual price. Also check the delivery options price before swiping to pay.
I have purchased good sponges for my matten filter.
If you purchase clothing order at least 2 sizes up from your regular size. I hope this is helpful. Donít order plant seeds etc...

Thanks for the input. All of it sounds useful. At least I can assume you are not into just being a promoter for the site! I've learned not to trust reviews very much since my daughter had a job to do reviews! Sometimes she had to call me and ask what something did before she got paid to write the glowing reviews.
I did note there seemed to be lots of points that were easy to miss when reading the ads and doing test pricing. No way I would order clothing but little things like the color of an LED readout seemed to make a way big change in the price. Kind of reminded me of the way E-bay fought to get their act together when starting, so maybe I will keep the site on hold and watch how it goes over time. I'm a price conscious shopper and like to check numerous site before deciding on one. Amazon is always handy for a starter but their pricing is not all that good at times, so having a number of alternates to compare all the small points is nice.
This site seems to vary from the "too good to be true" to overpriced considering the shipping and delay involved. Klein is a major good brand of electrical tools and a no name wire stripper from this site is only a couple dollars cheaper than I can get walking into Home Depot to get the Klein when looking at discounts and shipping combined.
Thanks for the info!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode