When can I get rid my 3rd filter?
Last month, I had an ammonia spike in my 49 gallon tank hence I bought another filter (AquaClear 600) to replace one of my older ones (AquaClear 500). The other one is a canister filter (Fluval 307). Now, they are running well but I want to get rid the AquaClear 500 and Im really worry for another ammonia spike. Should I wait for another month until the new-ish matured before decommissioning the AC 500? What is the best way to do it without causing an ammonia spike? Cheers.
Note: I also bought 8 more fish recently.
Water test: AM 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 20ppm.