Hello and welcome!
First tank in 30 years and you went dry start? Sir, my hats off to you!
Thank you! You know how it goes, I had an empty space in an office cabinet and thought an aquarium would fit nice there so I measured it up and ordered the custom made tank. The guy from the shop asked me if it was for aquascaping and (at the time I didn't know what that was
) I said noo, it's for fish
Then I started looking for some filters and some lights and saw the planted tanks and I decided I want one and it all went downhill
My biggest worry now is that the wife will find out how much I've spent on this.
In my opinion the DSM is best for people that don't want to invest too much time daily on this and don't want to rush it, if you prepare and use quality stuff (and damn expensive!) you don't have much to do other than watch it grow
My epiphytes and mosses (especially the Anubias and the Java moss) seem to do a lot better since I have added some very diluted ferts to the water I'm spaying them with since I thought they can't go into the substrate and they need smth other than tap water to help them grow. The rest of the plants I spray with tap water I'm leaving open for 12 hrs to have some of the chlorine evaporate.
Wow nice tank! And I'm intrested in how did you do your DSM. And which country are you from?
Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Thanks, like I mentioned in my 1st post, my DSM is:
- light 12 hrs/day
- little spray in the morning on the mosses, epiphytes and the wood
- big spray in the afternoon all over the tank
- tank is covered with 2 opposite corners open about 5cm diameter holes
- 15-20mins/day fully open
- I have 2 "witness" hole/pits in the substrate on the front of the tank where I monitor the water level and use paper towels to get it out or small tube if it's took much (it was too much in the beginning)
- the temperature in the tank is 23 - 27C (depending on whether the tank is hit by sunlight or not)
- humidity now stays at 88 - 92%
I'm from Romania