The Planted Tank Forum banner

Rate my new setup !

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Shermanpm 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm new into this hobby and I really like it !

1 month ago, I restarted my 2 years old aquarium. I wanted a high-tech planted tank.

Here's my setup:

- Fluval flex 15
- Fluval plant spectrum LED light (3.5 hr @ 70% + 2x 2hr ramp)
- Co2 injected
- Flourite black sand substrate
- Daily dose of Excel
- 3x/week dosing Seachem Iron, Potassium and Flourish
- Flousish tabs into sand

Plants:
- Hydrophilia difformis
- Weeping moss
- Monte carlo
- Staurogyne repens
- Reineckii mini

Fish:

- Neon tetras
- Molly
- Red nose
- Amano shrimp
- Glofish tetras

Can't wait to see everything grow !

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Nice tank! I like the clean look and minimal equipment showing. Thanks for listing out the plant species you used as I'm actively learning about them and pictures help a ton.

I think it's a little odd you placed a glo-fish in there... Maybe you had them in a previous tank? They seem pretty unnatural. I think they're cool if you have a blacklight though. The only other thought is that the substrate is pretty flat. Not necessarily a bad thing but a sloped substrate can help add depth to the tank.

Fluval prints this grid pattern on the glass in several of their tanks. It's not a cover, but a paint. It does a good job of disguising surface movement and obscuring the crust that forms at the surface along the glass. You do have to be a bit careful with it though as it can scrape off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.