New house and new tank shopping - Page 7 - The Planted Tank Forum
 47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-10-2020, 01:58 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackheart View Post
Yep! I would definitely have the itch long before then. Curiously enough, I saw a "22 long" tank this weekend at my LFS. Interesting dimensions. Was made by Seapora. I may setup a 20 long at our new house too besides the 33 if I am feeling the itch to have more than one tank.

I really wish I could get a 40 Long with black silicone. But everywhere I look, they are 150-170 dollars for tank only. Not including tax. Way too much for my budget or what I am willing to spend.
You can often get a used 125 for that around my area.

“Science, my lad, is made up of mistakes, but they are mistakes which it is useful to make, because they lead little by little to the truth.” -Jules Verne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-10-2020, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunsen Honeydew View Post
You can often get a used 125 for that around my area.
Well, I had brought that up to my wife of getting a tank that large.. She said I would have to live inside of it if I brought home a tank that big

So that would be a no go lol

Biggest I could probably do is a 75. Or. get a custom made 45 or 60 gallon. 45 gallon would be 48x18x12 and the 60 would be 48x18x16 or something like that.

There was a used 40 long on craigslist awhile back for like 90 dollars.. that's still not that great of a price for used
Econde likes this.
post #93 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-10-2020, 04:49 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackheart View Post
Well, I had brought that up to my wife of getting a tank that large.. She said I would have to live inside of it if I brought home a tank that big

So that would be a no go lol

Biggest I could probably do is a 75. Or. get a custom made 45 or 60 gallon. 45 gallon would be 48x18x12 and the 60 would be 48x18x16 or something like that.

There was a used 40 long on craigslist awhile back for like 90 dollars.. that's still not that great of a price for used
You have to sell it on the better value proposition. Its like when my wife "saves" $400 by buying $250 of stuff she didn't need at Kohls.

My wife told me that I am only allowed to have one tank, so I went as big as I practically could. It sits next to my other tank.
Econde and evil8 like this.

“Science, my lad, is made up of mistakes, but they are mistakes which it is useful to make, because they lead little by little to the truth.” -Jules Verne

post #94 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-11-2020, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Yes I may have to sell it to her a bit lol

I think 75 is probably the biggest I could go without having to "live in the tank," lol
Econde likes this.
post #95 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-12-2020, 02:47 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

If being able to sleep in it is the criteria, I'd suggest gaining some weight and going for a 180.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

post #96 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-17-2020, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

I still don't think that would be very comfortable

Well, given our finances and how much our mortgage is going to be... I will not be getting another tank for quite some time lol That's okay though. I love my 33 long. That's what tax returns are for though
Econde likes this.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode