• 1 Post By evil8
  • 1 Post By Discusluv
  • 1 Post By evil8
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Unread 01-23-2020, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Waterbox Clear 16

My new tank just came in last night. My girlfriend's betta Drogo is getting an upgrade! He's currently in a standard 10 gallon. On Saturday I'll plan on tearing down that 10 gallon to use the plants (various buces and anubius) and the eco complete substrate in this new one. The wood I was told was rose vine, the rock is green quartzite (the stuff is normally used for counter tops). The filter is the Oase Filtosmart 100 with heater. I swapped out the inflow and outflow with 13mm glass pipes.

Here's a quick pic I snapped looking at the hardscape -

Econde likes this.

Last edited by evil8; 01-23-2020 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Add image
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Unread 01-23-2020, 02:53 PM

PTrader: (3/100%)
Hm, the image doesn't seem to be working!

Anthony

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Eheim Pimp #362 - Eheim 2213 x2, Eheim 2028, Eheim 2217, Eheim surface skimmer and Eheim autofeeder.
Victor Pimp #33 - HPT272-125-350-4M
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Unread 01-23-2020, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkblade48 View Post
Hm, the image doesn't seem to be working!
And I can't figure out why. I've tried my normal way and two other ways to post an image there and it hasn't worked. (shrug)

3 planted nano community fish tanks.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Unread 01-23-2020, 03:15 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
I looked at your link earlier, but I think you changed it. Was it from Flickr originally? If so, you want to use their BBCode option. You should get a link that looks like this, when you strip all the extra stuff out.

I've also removed the IMG and https so you can see the text.

live.staticflickr.com/65535/49427083651_59e6b60e99_k.jpg

You also want to make sure the photo is public.
evil8 likes this.

Style: Organic potting soil, sand, gravel, wood, plants, moss, algae, biofilm, snails, shrimp, small fish, dual siestas
Tech : Small tanks, Fluval Plant 3.0 Nano, Top Fin MF10, Eheim Skim 350, Tunze 3161, Neptune Apex EL
Tanks:
|
|
|
|
|

Media:
|
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Unread 01-23-2020, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetwise View Post
I looked at your link earlier, but I think you changed it. Was it from Flickr originally? If so, you want to use their BBCode option. You should get a link that looks like this, when you strip all the extra stuff out.

I've also removed the IMG and https so you can see the text.

live.staticflickr.com/65535/49427083651_59e6b60e99_k.jpg

You also want to make sure the photo is public.
Let's see if this works...

16gallon_idea by Evil Genius, on Flickr
deeda, reddhawkk and Discusluv like this.

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Unread 01-23-2020, 04:00 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
Works for me. Here it is with the extra title and user links removed, so just this plus IMG and https

live.staticflickr.com/65535/49429847517_98ddc4bab4_c.jpg

You can also choose the image size when you get the BBCode link. The forum will dynamically scale it to fit the page if you go big for detail.

Cheers

Edit: I decided to make a thread for Flickr Photo Embedding.
Discusluv, Vallisneria and evil8 like this.

Style: Organic potting soil, sand, gravel, wood, plants, moss, algae, biofilm, snails, shrimp, small fish, dual siestas
Tech : Small tanks, Fluval Plant 3.0 Nano, Top Fin MF10, Eheim Skim 350, Tunze 3161, Neptune Apex EL
Tanks:
|
|
|
|
|

Media:
|

Last edited by Streetwise; 01-23-2020 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Details
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Unread 01-27-2020, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Got it mostly setup on Saturday. I think I'll move some plants around a bit and maybe add some dwarf sag to the right side. I'm not particularly fond of the rock setup, but I can't break up that large rock like I want. It chips in flat sharp flakes.

[IMG][/IMG]
Econde and Discusluv like this.

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Unread 01-28-2020, 02:19 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I think it will work fine IMHO. Only thing is if you can move some of the substrate from the front to the back (or just remove some from the front). Not sure if its capped or not cant tell from pics. This will expose a tad of the front of the rock edge and give a little down slope up front. Then once plants grow in will be good to go. Really nice piece of spider wood or whatever it is. Just mu suggestion. Sure the betta will love it either way.
evil8 likes this.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Unread 01-29-2020, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint View Post
I think it will work fine IMHO. Only thing is if you can move some of the substrate from the front to the back (or just remove some from the front). Not sure if its capped or not cant tell from pics. This will expose a tad of the front of the rock edge and give a little down slope up front. Then once plants grow in will be good to go. Really nice piece of spider wood or whatever it is. Just mu suggestion. Sure the betta will love it either way.
I've been looking at that substrate and I agree it's too deep in front. No, it's not capped, though I seriously thought about putting dirt down. The wood I got from a vendor at Aquashella Chicago said it was rosewood and I really like it. I've not found it anywhere online.

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Unread 02-03-2020, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

So well, yesterday, I moved the couple of plants from the right to the left and then planted some mini hair grass. I went looking for the CO2 splitter I purchased months ago and of course couldn't find it. I'll have to pull the CO2 from the big tank (not really using it now anyway) and put it on this little one until I find the splitter or get a second CO2 tank. LOL! I'll have an updated photo later this week when I get all that and a background in place.

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Unread 02-10-2020, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Here is the final setup -

I got the CO2 setup this weekend. Lights still come on at 11:AM until 9:00PM. I have an hour ramp up for and then down from 100% on each end so the tank is getting full light for 8 hours. The CO2 drop checker is just turning to yellow at lights out.

If anyone has advice on lighting and CO2 I'll be happy to hear it. I want to get that dwarf hair grass established and carpeting the right side of the tank there. The light is Fluval Nano.

I'm changing aproximately 155 to 20% water twice a week with one squirt of Aquarium Co-Op Simple Green after each change.

by Evil Genius

by Evil Genius

I may still take the anubias congensis out from against the glass (mid-ground) on the left. It looks a bit crowded.

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Unread Today, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

One month update:

From another thread I'm now dosing Aquarium Co-Op's Simple Green and measuring TDS. I haven't seen any new algae or the usual brown diatoms either. Yesterday I added the little bits of rock in front that flaked off from an early try to break the big stone in pieces.
Discusluv likes this.

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Unread Today, 02:28 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil8 View Post
One month update:

From another thread I'm now dosing Aquarium Co-Op's Simple Green and measuring TDS. I haven't seen any new algae or the usual brown diatoms either. Yesterday I added the little bits of rock in front that flaked off from an early try to break the big stone in pieces.
Has such a peaceful look to it. I could zen out just looking at it. Great job!
evil8 likes this.

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Unread Today, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discusluv View Post
Has such a peaceful look to it. I could zen out just looking at it. Great job!
Thanks. I took the photo from my recliner last night. LOL! I'm hoping to work on some video soon now that my cold/flu is over.
Discusluv likes this.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in