• 2 Post By Blue Ridge Reef
  • 1 Post By Jamo33
  • 1 Post By Triport

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 02:46 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Amazing Huge Planted Tank - Lots of Rainbows

Some of you might have seen this, but I thought it was worth sharing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

At 2:07 there's an interesting thing observed in one of the tanks about schooling behavior.
Blue Ridge Reef likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 03:24 PM
Wannabe Guru

Pretty neat- thanks for sharing.
Asteroid likes this.

|

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 03:39 PM
Wannabe Guru

Posting so I can watch this later. Looks very promising!
Asteroid likes this.

|
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 04:25 PM
snails are your friend

PTrader: (12/100%)
People who are disappointed that their fish don't school like on Planet Earth documentaries only need to get a 2,000 gallon tank!
Asteroid and Desert Pupfish like this.

Nothing good happens fast in an ecosystem.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

I love the voice of the young guy narrating this. He has a very relaxing voice (to me) and could be the next Mr. Rogers.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 09:10 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (36/100%)
Why can't US public aquariums be as lovely as this? Last one I went to was just.so.depressing.
Also why no love for goldfish planted tanks? it is doable (I've done it). Seems so odd to have a lot of goldies in 1 'small' tank(compared to tanks at beginning of video).

Due to photobuckets new bs cost for use of images on forums I have deleted all photobucket accounts. I apologize if you enjoyed or found my photos helpful.
Starting to update these threads

~
~
~
~
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 10:05 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaAurora View Post
Why can't US public aquariums be as lovely as this? Last one I went to was just.so.depressing.
Also why no love for goldfish planted tanks? it is doable (I've done it). Seems so odd to have a lot of goldies in 1 'small' tank(compared to tanks at beginning of video).
hm, lovely is in the eye of the beholder I guess. we talked about a few nice ones in our areas in this thread:

https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/1...l#post11270561

I haven't personally visited anything awesome in the northeast though and that may probably be why you're complaining. I would imagine Boston's aquarium to be nice. I did not have the pleasure of entering, but from the outside, it looked great and it was in a harbor/bay so it satisfies one of my good aquarium requirement/conditions of being near water. Definitely have to try one day unless someone can tell me otherwise. I did go on their whale watching tour that day and it was most impressive/lucky. Humpback sightings galore the year I went. Been on other whale watching tours with much less success.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 10:31 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thanks @Asteroid
Those are some amazing tanks! Something to aspire to!
Asteroid likes this.

|
|
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 10:58 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipkiss View Post
I would imagine Boston's aquarium to be nice. I did not have the pleasure of entering, but from the outside, it looked great and it was in a harbor/bay so it satisfies one of my good aquarium requirement/conditions of being near water. Definitely have to try one day unless someone can tell me otherwise. I did go on their whale watching tour that day and it was most impressive/lucky. Humpback sightings galore the year I went. Been on other whale watching tours with much less success.
It has been about 20 years since I visited Boston Aquarium. I went a few times as a kid and my sister did an internship there when she was in college so that was the last time I went. I thought it was pretty amazing. I still remember they had a huge Amazon tank that had a crazy mix of fish that really surprised me. I don't remember all the details but there were oscars in a tank along with small fish like cardinal tetras and other small tetras and they weren't eating them. It was nuts. I feel like most aquariums focus more on their salt water displays though which kind of bums me out but there are definitely cool freshwater displays out there as well.
ipkiss likes this.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode