Does the tank make the room or the room make the tank? Lets see pics of your tank in the room! - The Planted Tank Forum
 117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 04:54 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via AIM to talontsiawd
Does the tank make the room or the room make the tank? Lets see pics of your tank in the room!

I always felt it was interesting to I the room the tank is in. I have been in this hobby for 10 years, I can remember tanks having my laundry next to it on my desk in my room at my parents house, to getting the first real stand the looked good, cosmetically, to having my own space and trying to keep with the decor. I wish I had pictures of my older setups in the room but I don't. I have seen amazing tanks in basements to million dollar homes. Lets see it all.

Here is mine in my studio, though it is much more visable to me that it looks in the picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	367.5 KB
ID:	889323  

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	281.2 KB
ID:	889325  

-Matt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 05:06 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Obviously still under construction and the tv is going from what in the pic a 32" to a 65" to cover up the negative space, but regardless I still find myself looking at the tanks vs the tv. I'd say it all depends on your setup and placement. Only one of the tanks is mostly finished and the other is going to be a desert themed aquascape, it's taken 5 months to cure the drift wood. It's slow going project. But I think the tank makes the room.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	15735346562702867081927434563926_1573534704098.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	168.2 KB
ID:	889327  

Name:	20191101_132433_1573534932300.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	273.1 KB
ID:	889329  

Name:	15735350991998214514009433878001_1573535137511.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	162.1 KB
ID:	889331  

post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-15-2019, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Send a message via AIM to talontsiawd
That tank with the flat stones looks fantastic. I think the bigger TV would be a nice addition to the scape, though 32 to 65 is quite the jump. Thank you for your contribution.

-Matt

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-17-2019, 06:42 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
My 40 breeder in our somewhat small but cozy living room of our mobile home
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20191113_200743_1574016133339.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	889629  

post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 12:02 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
My tank is in the Den. Great place to sit back, have a glass of wine, and listen to music and watch the tank. It's an older picture, right before I added much more light and RO water.

DIY stand. Solid oak, no 2 x 4's or plywood.

---
---
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 02:26 AM
Wannabe Guru

My downstairs fish room. Currently a 45 gallon and 46 bowfront on the left and a 100 gallon on the right. In time my plan is to add other large tanks as I can afford them and I would like some sort of furniture in the room (chairs/couches) in front of the tanks to view them comfortably and make the room look nice. I still haven't fully unpacked from moving a few months ago so I still have things laying around and stacked up. My office and laundry room is in the next room to the right and my quarantine tanks will be there as well (currently two 40 breeders). Guest bath and guest bedrooms are to the left. Everything else is upstairs but I spend most of the day in my office. Great being so close to my fish tanks most of the day as in my old house they were off the kitchen in a small room I only used for eating but otherwise didn't spend time in and my office was on the other side of the house. My new office also looks out onto a shady walled courtyard which I plan on making a beautiful garden eventually.

Fish Room by Kaveh Maguire, on Flickr

post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 02:36 AM
Wannabe Guru

My two tanks are in my office, where I spend every day when not on the road. It's a nice way to relax and take in some perspective through the stress of work and life. My desk in a corner desk to the left of the planted tank. Most of my conference calls are taken facing the tanks with a notebook on my lap.

|

post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 05:17 PM
snails are your friend

PTrader: (12/100%)
I have 2 matching 50 gallon Fluval Osaka cubes in my living room, one in each corner. One just experienced a massive crypt melt, so just showing the better one!

I rarely open the curtain so that light hits this tank, but it made for a nicer photo. Barrier by the bay window is to keep a certain bulldog away from houseplants.
Greggz, Tessa, Grobbins48 and 4 others like this.

Nothing good happens fast in an ecosystem.
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 05:43 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ridge Reef View Post
I have 2 matching 50 gallon Fluval Osaka cubes in my living room, one in each corner. One just experienced a massive crypt melt, so just showing the better one!

I rarely open the curtain so that light hits this tank, but it made for a nicer photo. Barrier by the bay window is to keep a certain bulldog away from houseplants.
Wow! Look at that amazing Staghorn fern !
Blue Ridge Reef likes this.

post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 06:37 PM
snails are your friend

PTrader: (12/100%)
Aw thanks! I can't take much credit for it though, other than keeping it alive. That was my Mom's who passed away in March. She had a real green thumb and my sister and I took in about a dozen houseplants each. Quite a few of which we had to spend some time figuring out what were. But that one is probably the most special to me.
Greggz likes this.

Nothing good happens fast in an ecosystem.
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 06:42 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Aw thanks! I can't take much credit for it though, other than keeping it alive. That was my Mom's who passed away in March. She had a real green thumb and my sister and I took in about a dozen houseplants each. Quite a few of which we had to spend some time figuring out what were. But that one is probably the most special to me.
Bless her heart. What a great living memory of your mother.

post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 08:32 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroger View Post
Obviously still under construction and the tv is going from what in the pic a 32" to a 65" to cover up the negative space, but regardless I still find myself looking at the tanks vs the tv. I'd say it all depends on your setup and placement. Only one of the tanks is mostly finished and the other is going to be a desert themed aquascape, it's taken 5 months to cure the drift wood. It's slow going project. But I think the tank makes the room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackheart View Post
My 40 breeder in our somewhat small but cozy living room of our mobile home
Quote:

I'd much rather watch a fish tank than TV. Would love to remove the TV above my fireplace and replacing it with a big tank......
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 09:41 PM
Planted Tank Guru

I have tanks in 4 rooms of my house. This tank is in my dining room which changes routinely depending on the season. Right now we have Thanksgiving blending into Christmas. The tank just got an upgrade as well

post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 12:51 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discusluv View Post
I have tanks in 4 rooms of my house. This tank is in my dining room which changes routinely depending on the season. Right now we have Thanksgiving blending into Christmas. The tank just got an upgrade as well

Love how festive this is. Though I think there oughta be a law against putting up Xmas before Thanksgiving, but that's me LOL

Really like the minimalist look of your aquarium stand. Those steel legs must be deceptively strong. How big is the tank? I'd love to something similar in a mid-century modern style with hairpin legs to match my midcentury house. Just need to make sure they could handle the load.
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 01:11 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Pupfish View Post
Love how festive this is. Though I think there oughta be a law against putting up Xmas before Thanksgiving, but that's me LOL

Really like the minimalist look of your aquarium stand. Those steel legs must be deceptively strong. How big is the tank? I'd love to something similar in a mid-century modern style with hairpin legs to match my midcentury house. Just need to make sure they could handle the load.
This stand (and 30 gallon tank) I bought about 14 years ago at Petco. The tank was right next to the stand as a set. Its held up this tank for along time.
Desert Pupfish and Squisher like this.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode