The Planted Tank Forum banner

RO water refills

922 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Econde 
#1 ·
You know what's really aggravating? Going to any store, be it your LFS or grocery store, to fill up some gallon jugs water only to find out that it's basically tap water .

I've gotten a total 12 gallons of RO water form my LFS now. The first 4 measured 150-160 ppm. I contacted them and they said they will make it right. So I contacted them today and I was told that the owner had changed out the filters for their RO system. Okay cool so I drive there and bring 8 gallon jugs. 4 jugs cause they owed me the other 4 jugs was for my changeover water that got messed up do to them not checking. Shame on me for not checking either. So the manager said here 4 gallons for free on the house for my troubles. I told them I don't mind paying for services. Anyway so 8 gallons went with me.

I get home and guess what? 140-150ppm tds.... I am beyond frustrated with them. I called them and let them know. Mind you I've been calm and never said anything nasty or even made comments. Just told them it's a bit aggravating. Store manager said they will make it right. Should be fixed today.

The worst part was, I mixed up a nice gh+ solution with the tap water they gave me.. ah well sorry for the rant.

#3 ·
Yea.. my wife was telling me to just drop the water off and tell them they've lost a life long customer. I feel bad for customers who unknowingly buy "filtered" water.

Just tired.. they suck. Sorry still on a slight rant.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

#8 ·
100% take it all back. Leave the jugs. Then go somewhere else. I'd say there's no way I'd shop at a place like that again but... it's always possible there are staffers who just have no idea what they're doing.

Start saving up for an RO/DI system of your own. Even if it's just pennies a month.

#11 ·
Believe it or not, I usually get my gallon RO water from ALDI. I should go check around if any of the water filtration places offer refills.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.