Recent DPG sale at Petco - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 07:27 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackheart View Post
100 dollars is a great price for a 75. Theres only a few of the stores by me that carry them. And even then its only for the sale.
I was told they don't carry the 75s in the stores--you order it online and they deliver it to your house. And if it's your first time ordering from Petco online for home delivery, supposedly there's an additional discount. Even better if you don't have to wrestle a big tank in & out of your car....
Discusluv likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 07:59 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Pupfish View Post
I was told they don't carry the 75s in the stores--you order it online and they deliver it to your house. And if it's your first time ordering from Petco online for home delivery, supposedly there's an additional discount. Even better if you don't have to wrestle a big tank in & out of your car....
You are tempting me. I so want a 75 gallon to build an African Congo biotope to put my African Congo tetras in. I have 5 different varieties of these tetras in my 180 gallon and they would do so much better in a tank with heavy flow- riverine conditions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Amy
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 08:14 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
I just bought a spare 40 breeder from the $1 per gallon/50% off Petco sale as a backup and quarantine tank and a 100 gallon from my independent LFS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
I remember getting extremely lucky years ago. In their summer of 2013 sale, I picked up a 40B for 40 dollars and then a Petco/Manhattan metal stand or whatever they called it for 12 dollars! That was awesome. A year later I upgraded to a 75 though and sold it lol
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 11:12 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discusluv View Post
You are tempting me. I so want a 75 gallon to build an African Congo biotope to put my African Congo tetras in. I have 5 different varieties of these tetras in my 180 gallon and they would do so much better in a tank with heavy flow- riverine conditions.
Well according to momdeals.com, apparently they have the DPG sale 3-4 times every year. So that temptation will always be there. You've got til 8/24 for this sale--3 more weeks...
Discusluv likes this.
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 11:54 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (11/100%)
Unhappy

I used to own Aquatic Life in Clinton Twsp…. until Pet Smart moved in down the street
Pet Smart can sell equipment for the same price as I would pay wholesale

(now I shop at that same Pet Smart )

20gal long with... (4) 30" T5 Colormax/6700K ~ CO2 @25ppm ~ Fluorite black sand ~ EI dosing & Osmocote Plus ~ RO/DI filter (Plants & FRS)

*My 180gal Reef tank had 2160 Watts of light (12WPG) back in the early 1990's... (3) 400 Watt German' Metal Halides and (6) 6' 160 Watt VHO RS/03 (IceCap ballasts)
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 01:47 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Wow! Clinton Township eh? Not too far from me. Back when I used to live in Royal Oak, there was a great LFS that went out of business for the same reasons. I was bummed. Sadly, I will go where the products are cheaper. This hobby is expensive and I like to save money where I can. I dont usually try to buy tanks or equipment other than stands at the LFS. I will however buy my fish, plants, hardscape and things of that nature.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 03:13 AM
Planted Member

I’ve bought three DPG tanks in the last two years (10, 29, and 55). Although the silicone jobs have been quite poor on one or two, and I’ve questioned whether or not I should upgrade, they have yet to fail and I haven’t had any issues with chips. Before I get them I go over every inch of them and don’t let the mostly rude sales associates move them around once I’ve settled on one.
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

It was like almost 7PM (closing time is 9) and I found a 40B at a Petco by me that was perfect quality-wise. Its also a slower, lower volume Petco so I figured Itd still be there the next morning at 9am when they open since I didnt have room in the car at the time. Came back the next day not too long after they opened and it was gone! It was the last one left too that they had. That was a major bummer!
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 06:42 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackheart View Post
It was like almost 7PM (closing time is 9) and I found a 40B at a Petco by me that was perfect quality-wise. Its also a slower, lower volume Petco so I figured Itd still be there the next morning at 9am when they open since I didnt have room in the car at the time. Came back the next day not too long after they opened and it was gone! It was the last one left too that they had. That was a major bummer!
I think you can also order them online, no?
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Yeah but I dont trust anything that I dont see myself beforehand.
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 02:33 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

They have a sale on the new Aqueon Frameless tanks at 50%. I got a 11G for $20~ with a $10 off $30 Pals coupon. I think by now most of the stores are out of stock, they have larger sizes too.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-31-2020, 10:56 AM

Well, thanks for sharing but is this sale on. I would love to walking and save my money by purchasing keeping in mind the Petco Return Policy. I would love to be there and enjoy my day at Petco.
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-31-2020, 08:57 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)
The stores that are doing gangbusters around me are the ones that switched to carrying either ADA or UNS and only high-end planted stuff. One of them told me that they never got any traffic for people looking at freshwater fish or anything else related to it until they decided to carry ADA and made a section for it. Now they said they have a hard time keeping freshwater stuff in stock and sell through tons and tons of aquasoil and pretty much the entire ADA portfolio.

They said that every time they get a shipment of Solar RGBs they're all gone in 2 weeks.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode