• 2 Post By Blue Ridge Reef
  • 1 Post By Frank158
  • 1 Post By aquanerd13
  • 2 Post By DaveKS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 12:01 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Fish survey post

Hello fish people, I'd like to more objectively answer some common questions in the hobby such as,

- What's causing algae growth?
- Why are my nitrates so high?
- Is my lighting enough?

So, I started a form to collect data that we can all share and learn from. If you'd like to participate, please fill out the survey for each of your tanks (i.e. one survey per tank, you don't have to do all of them but more certainly helps) and you can include tanks you've owned in the past. I think this could help all of us and if you have other things you think would be good to add on the survey, please do not hesitate to suggest it. Thanks!

MODERATOR EDIT: Unless you can show (prove) to me what you're collecting and how you plan to use the data, you can't share your own links like this on the forum. Feel free to PM me to resolve. Otherwise, it's a no-go. We abide by EU data protection laws and also want to protect users in other countries.

This thread is locked until resolved.

Click here to send me a private message.

Last edited by somewhatshocked; 07-29-2019 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Moderation edit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 12:08 AM
snails are your friend

PTrader: (13/100%)
Welcome to the forum! Sad to say that I am unable to get anywhere with this questionnaire. I keep anywhere between 7 and 12 aquariums at any given time. And most aquariums I own run a combination of lighting and you have to choose one type in each question or cannot continue. Add to that most of mine are both highly planted and low tech, which is not an option. I could not get off the first page.
livebearerlove and jcc0088 like this.

Nothing good happens fast in an ecosystem.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 12:18 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Blue ridge! This is my first time posting but have referenced the site for other info. Sorry if it was not clear but each survey should be for one tank hence the part about including as many tanks as you'd like. I set it up this way so we can learn about individual setups and thought aggregating might muddle results.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 12:47 AM
Planted Member

I did your survey but did not answer how planted my tank is because the choices did not support my tank. Anyway I am curious about the results.
jcc0088 likes this.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 01:24 AM Thread Starter

Awesome!! Keep it coming, the more data we have the better our results will be. Thanks everyone!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 03:13 AM
Banned

I did the survey. I like surveys
jcc0088 likes this.

75 gallon planted tank. About to stock.
10 gallon QT

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one” – Bruce Lee

75 gallon tank journal
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 04:02 AM
Wannabe Guru

Yep I couldn’t answer correctly because there is no option for heavily planted low tech.
Frank158 and jcc0088 like this.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 04:48 AM Thread Starter

Okay thanks for letting me know! Updated the form with the new option, please edit if you can. Thanks again!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 05:36 AM
Algae Grower

Submitted!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 02:52 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Unfortunately I cant properly answer as I have 7 tanks- then half a dozen 1 gallons for fry or live food (also planted, etc)..... so the questions are not relevant enough. So I picked ONE of my tanks to answer... but data will be skewed.

Giving back creates a virtuous cycle that makes everyone more successful (as long as they cycle!)
7 Tanks and counting..... plus all these critters to feed critters
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 03:21 PM
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (499/100%)
Unless you can show (prove) to me what you're collecting and how you plan to use the data, you can't share your own links like this on the forum. Feel free to PM me to resolve. Otherwise, it's a no-go. We abide by EU data protection laws and also want to protect users in other countries.

I understand that you're into data science but you'll need permission from the moderation team to proceed.

This thread is locked until resolved.

Click here to send me a private message.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode