Smallest- bendable syphon? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Smallest- bendable syphon?

Im seeking the smallest bendable siphon?

I have bended scissors for trimming, bended tongs for grabbing...... but I need a very small bendable siphon. I can build one- but its not nearly as reliable (as it is wire wrapped around tubing).
I just need to siphon 'under' things.

Anyone know of one? Thanks in advance!

Giving back creates a virtuous cycle that makes everyone more successful (as long as they cycle!)
7 Tanks and counting..... plus all these critters to feed critters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 07:03 PM
Wannabe Guru

I have never seen a siphon with a permanent bend in it but airline tubing can be kept bent with heat I have seen.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 07:19 PM
Wannabe Guru

I just use a straight piece of rigid tubing and then just stick a little piece of bent rubber hose on end to make a slight J hook on end when needed.

I guess you could adapt a small length of loc line bendable piping on end of a tube.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 07:26 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
You're speaking of a small siphon which you can bend different directions as you need it at different times?
Considered a small tube with a stiff wire like number 14 electrical wire inside so that when you want to shape it, you bend the wire and it holds the tubing? Four feet of wire will not slip out of tubing once it gets a variety of bends in it.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Those are good ideas.... Might mean a trip to Home Depot to browse? The guy will most definately ask me what Im looking for.... I better draw a diagram or he will be rather perplexed. lol

Currently:
I use air line tubing (air pump) with normal bendy straw on the end (its fits in perfectly). I just wanted it slightly larger than that.... maybe 1cm? and also bendable throughout, not just the tip. Works great for those pesky corners and under rocks in my little 1 gallon fry/livefood tanks but I also need it for my larger tanks (like the freshwater coral tank) where my puffer is a professional mess maker.

So if I could find a bendy straw at 1cm.... and 1cm pipe that is not too stiff
Or maybe some sort of tubing like mentioned above... or is there a childrens toy that might work?
Im about to dive into some serious Amazon searching!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6758.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	884895  

Giving back creates a virtuous cycle that makes everyone more successful (as long as they cycle!)
7 Tanks and counting..... plus all these critters to feed critters

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode