Waterproofing product that won't harm inverts / plants. - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
Waterproofing product that won't harm inverts / plants.

Hello I posted this in my tank journal but haven't gotten any answers and am getting ancy

I have a paludarium with a water feature. The inflow first goes into a basin up near the top then trickles down. This basin is made out of pond foam and It must have had some voids or perhaps I made them when I carved it out. The problem I am running into is when the water is pumped into the basin some of the water is draining behind the background. I had anticipated this but not at the levels where it would create a problem. Even with the slightest of trickles coming out of the water feature the outflow still cannot keep up.

I am figuring that the easiest fix is to seal the basin. The problem is that with the shrimp and plants already in there I don't know if I should use silicon or a product like flex seal with it having to cure and with living things involved. I am wondering if a product like the aquatic epoxy sticks would work for this and they claim you can use it wet or dry and it is safe for animals. I also considered using pond liner repair tape that I have lying around. I am also thinking that I could perhaps use superglue gel if I can find the exact location where leaks are occurring.

Anyone with experience on a similar product or any insight on sealing the basin would be greatly appreciated.

Well that's just like.........your opinion man.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode