Setting Up Co2 for the first time - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
PlantedRich,

I am not being critical of your post at all. I understand that you are trying to help and I actually do appreciate it. I always appreciate it when someone is trying to help. I am taking all of your advice and considering it during my testing.

I am also glad that kest874 has tried it and given me some real time experience with the regulator.

As kest874 said this regulator does fit the tank.

Name:  20190415_081402.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  94.5 KB

I have not gotten my tank filled yet so I can't so any testing yet. It looks like my LFS (Dallas North Aquarium) does CO2 fills and it is not an exchange. So I will be dropping by there in the next couple of days to get it filled.

I also bought everything I need for my reactor. It was less than $20 for everything I am going to need. Well, somethings I had, like the PVC glue.

So next question for everyone... I am building a reactor that will be either in my sump or right beside it. Since I am not running a refugium in the sump I am leaning towards having it in the sump. Do I really need to route the water from the reactor directly to the display tank, or can I just release the "infused" water into the sump, somewhere in front of the return pump?

Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 07:34 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDSapp View Post
So next question for everyone... I am building a reactor that will be either in my sump or right beside it. Since I am not running a refugium in the sump I am leaning towards having it in the sump. Do I really need to route the water from the reactor directly to the display tank, or can I just release the "infused" water into the sump, somewhere in front of the return pump?
I don't have any first hand experience, but I can't see a reason why it would make much difference if it was pumped directly to the tank or the sump.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode