Stocking Questions-the bug came back! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 05:16 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Stocking Questions-the bug came back!

I was a pretty active member about 4 years ago, and then I moved! I sold my entire setup for pennies on the dollar. But the bug is back! I just picked up a 54 gallon corner aquarium!

The last tank was a 46 gallon planted (low light) community tank. I want to do something similar. I will be picking up substrate and a few plants tomorrow, but I want to prepare my stocking list as I start the cycling process.

I must have 8+ Kuhli Loaches! I loved those little guys, and it was always fun to find them when they weren’t hiding.

The rest is still up in the air. I enjoyed our cory’s and a certain pleco was a part of my clean up team, with snails.

Should we do Rams or Angelfish as our centerpiece? What mid/upper schooling fish should we go with? We had ghost fish in the last one, as my son thought they were neat.

Any thoughts, recommendations, or advice would be appreciated, as it has been several years! Also, if there are any other invertebrates that would work besides snails, I would love to hear about it!

I thought I was out, but my two sons brought me back in! (At least that is my excuse!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 10:42 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Welcome back! I have practically the same story had a 55 community tank and forced to relocate sold it for yup, pennies on the dollar. Now im able to get started again i purchased a 60G which apparently is just a taller 55. Going to do a planted angelfish tank, and till deciding on a bottom dweller to add to the mix. Ill throw my vote behind angelfish for you as well! im still adding equipment (filter comes next tuesday!) so im not as far along as far as my stocking selections, though im going to be using black blasting sand and thought a school of lemon tetras might look really nice (not sure if they are nippy as far as angel fins go, still have a lot of research to do). Goodluck to you hopefully you update and let us know your selections and progress!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode