10 gallon rescape and new 45 gallon setup - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
10 gallon rescape and new 45 gallon setup

Greetings -

Last week I looked at my 10 gallon betta tank and felt really bad for the little guy. That aquarium was filthy! So I did a rescape. I got 3 pieces of petrified wood from a craft store, a small piece of driftwood I had laying around (just a beach rock holding it down until it stays down). Planted some dwarf hair grass, a java fern and an anubias (I forget what kind off the top of my head). There's a stem of ludwigia reapens and pennywort. The substrate is a combination of white aquarium sand and pool filter sand. I'm currently using a small Aqueon submersible filter and heater, but as sometime in the not too distant future I plan to change them out for a little Oasi canister that has the heater inside.

This week I also started working on a new 45 gallon. I have 50 lbs of black aquarium sand, two sand blasted manzanita branches and some beach rocks I had sitting around. I tested the rocks with muritic acid and boiled everything. I have a Marineland Magniflow 220 with the 200 watt Hydor ETH 200 In-Line Heater. The lighting is the Fluval Aquasky. I think it's the 2.0. It doesn't have the app, but it does have the remote. I have that on the Fluval ramp up/down timer set for 8 hours. At some point this year I think I'll upgrade to the Fluval Freshwater and Plant 3.0. The skull is a ceramic aquarium decoration I've had sitting in my older 29 gallon setup. I'll be putting high pressure CO2 on this over the weekend using CO2Art Pro SE Series dual stage regulator with solenoid. This may be modified at some point with a 2 way brass splitter to also add CO2 to the 10 gallon. I haven't used ferts yet on this tank yet except for a couple of root tabs. I still have half bottles of Nylocg Macro and Micro. There are a couple of narrow leaf chain sword plants from my older tank - My oldest Anubian Nana and some Ludwiggia Reapens that keep floating out of the sand substrate. I also plan on getting stainless steel inflow/outflow pipes with surface skimmer. I also plan to add more beach rocks and plants. The rocks as soon as the snow melts and I can find them and plants as I can afford to get them.

I don't have fish yet, but I'll be moving all 3 full grown male platties over as soon as it's cycled. A half dozen each cherry barbs, black neon tetras and glow light tetras. Once the tank is doing well I'll add around 10 juli cory cats. Maybe a pear gourami at some point.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10_gallon.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	388.0 KB
ID:	878687  

Click image for larger version

Name:	40_gallon_new.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	448.7 KB
ID:	878689  

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode