The green cloud and melting plants - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Been having trouble with new 75gal setup. Plants kept dying so i sought out help here. It was brought to my attention to start fertilizing and possibly add more light. I started dosing liquids and added rood tabs. I also added another led Finnex planted+ fixture to my Finnex 24/7. Now a green cloud has taken over and there is minimal, all be it slow, new growth sprouting from some plant stems. The creeping charlie is all gone and the dwarf sag is not too far behind. There is also a brown film on rocks.
I’ve been doing 25-50% weekly water changes once a week. Dosing flourish excel along with the 12-15 ml of fertilizer 3x per week. Water chem is; PH=6.8-7, PO= 0.25, No3 15ppm, and Nh3 0.0.
Substrate is Activeflora sand (made for planted tanks)
Dosing Co² at 1-2 bubbles per second.

Oh, the question is, while this cloud is here, should I continue to add fertilizers and continue with the extra lighting? Also I hear that flourish excel is an algae prohibitor. Should I be adding more and will that also prohibit plant growth?

Last edited by Darkblade48; 03-05-2019 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Please use the edit function for back to back posts to keep threads cleaner

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode