Planning my first planted tank. Will this setup work?
Hi, I have a 65 gallon tall that I plan to setup soon. But, I want to gather some more knowledge before I jump into it.
I would like to keep the tank as simple and low maintenance as possible. This is what we have/ plan to have soon:
- 65 gal tall (36L x 18W x 24H)
- 36" finnex planted + cc LED
- Organic soil capped with coarse sand (probably about 3" total)
- 2 x zoo-med 226 powerheads
- eshopps r-100 sump (bioballs in refugium)
- 660 gph kedsum pump
- We plan to keep low to mid difficulty plants (anubias, swords, java fern, vallisneria, dwarf hairgrass carpet, etc)
I would like to avoid CO2 because its one less thing to worry about. However I do want lush plants and a full carpet. Being that my tank is tall, will that be possible? Also, can flourish excel be a good alternative to pressurized CO2 in my case?
Are my lights strong enough, or too much?
What are your thoughts? Thanks for your time.
Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Last edited by RosRox; 02-23-2019 at 02:52 PM.