Circulation HELP!!! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Question Circulation HELP!!!

I am looking for advice on how to set up the circulation in my tank, tank info with pictures below. I recently added a power head to improve circulation on my sand substrate and the HOB filter has minimal circulation in my tank. I have researched up and down but can not decide what is best for my style of tank, since it is long and tall versue boxy breeder tanks. I tried placing it low to the sand to blow the debris across the tank to the filter but it blows the plants heavily without moving debris on the sand. I have debated turning the power head into a spray bar to disperse the flow and have more directional flow since the powerhead I have does not adjust. If I do a spray bar, do I make a spray bar across the whole 4 feet back of my tank or do I keep on opposite wall of the HOB filter? I am not apposed to buying new equipment if it keeps my sand clean. I plan to get a canister filter soon, a fluval 406 or FX4, so what flow attachments would help the flow on the sand? Suggestions? Experienced advice? Thank you.

55 gallon (48"x12"x21")
Aquaclear 70 (now fluval)
imagitarium power head (180 gph)
Odyssea x4 T5 HO 6500K bulbs (only one running due to lack of plants, bad algae blooms)
air stone
DIY critic acid CO2 injection
If I am missing something please let me know. I will be watching the forum.

Bump: Sorry for the sideways pictures. I do not know why they loaded like that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9800.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	877651  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9799.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	877653  

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode