My 125 Planted - The Planted Tank Forum
 7Likes
  • 6 Post By YEGPlants
  • 1 Post By Discusluv

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
My 125 Planted

Excited to be back on the forum, took a break but now have the time to be back in the hobby, decided I wanted to try a large planted tank, my results have been pretty good I think, still fighting with algae here and there and some plants having some black spots.
Don't know how you guys take such good pictures of your tanks lol, either too bright or yellowish in color but tried my best.

It's a 125 Gallon Community filled with mostly tetras, barbs and rainbows, but also includes corys, angels and a few other fish.
Initially wanted to let the plants go crazy and grow out as much as they wanted but when I started clearing up space in front I realized the fish definitely enjoy the extra room a lot more. I was hoping to clean up the right side but I have a huge colony of shrimp (red, blue, yellow, orange) that live there and breed, don't want to risk exposing them too much and having them killed off, even though its pretty impressive their numbers are growing with a rainbow shark, betta, pitcus, and angels nearby.

Any opinions to improve the tank are also appreciated.
Don't have that much light on anymore either, reduced the bulbs down to 4 T5HOs.
No longer dosing CO2 and I think I'm finding better results.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 07:20 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Welcome to TPT!
Your tank is very nice -and natural looking! I like it a lot.

The plants look great!
I have a 180 gallon low-tech and grow many of the same plants that you do.
Greggz likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 11:52 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Welcome to TPT, and nice looking tank.

Healthy looking plants and fish, and everything is very well presented.

Well done. Look forward to hearing more about it. Subscribed.

And the Bows are an extra plus!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

---
---

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 11:59 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (37/100%)
Very stunning tank!
I want your anubias coffeefolia!
Where did you get your plants? (please don't say a local store)

Due to photobuckets new bs cost for use of images on forums I have deleted all photobucket accounts. I apologize if you enjoyed or found my photos helpful.
Starting to update these threads

~
~
~
~
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 04:02 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Very nice job. I also want to say that it is easy to let things get too full. But that is probably as much a personal thought due to the way we each think of "natural" and that gets into where we have been. Those who are ocean folks may think of the sub as a solid, one color sand, while others think like more what we find in rivers and creeks where it is a total mix as it moves and changes. Perhaps a person looking at the Everglades will think of toal plant coverage but many of us are used to a mix of plants and open, so we have to hack the plants back more?
Nice mix and well done on all points.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 03:02 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
Very nice tank. I am also jealous of your anubias coffefolia- love that plant, always wanted one. Are those odessa barbs you have?

|
|
|
|
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 05:40 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Very nicely done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaAurora View Post
Very stunning tank!
I want your anubias coffeefolia!
Where did you get your plants? (please don't say a local store)
Petco or Petsmart (can't remember which I got mine from now, I think the latter) sell it as one of the plants in the plastic tubes that they carry.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 08:43 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (37/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike A. View Post
Very nicely done.

Petco or Petsmart (can't remember which I got mine from now, I think the latter) sell it as one of the plants in the plastic tubes that they carry.
Lucky! I've had real hit and miss luck with those. Most of what I end up with I think is minima or hastifolia, never see a nice coffeefolia at my stores.

Due to photobuckets new bs cost for use of images on forums I have deleted all photobucket accounts. I apologize if you enjoyed or found my photos helpful.
Starting to update these threads

~
~
~
~
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 11:16 PM
Algae Grower

125's are my favorite tanks . Great for schooling tetra and easy to maintain. I can never convince myself to use light sand but yours looks great .
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 03:05 AM
Algae Grower

The tank looks great ! Could you possibly tell me where you got your lights ? I’ve been wanting to upgrade my lighting for a while now. I’ve been looking into the t5 lights but I don’t know what to get .

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode