Suggestions for my 10 gal - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 11:10 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Suggestions for my 10 gal

Hello, I’ve been out of the planter tank game for 4 years, before I had a 55 gallon dirt bases planted tank with a red tiger lotus that would bloom big beautiful flowers. I now have a 10 gallon with Seachem flourite. I have 4 plant species (jungle Val, dwarf hair grass, what I believe is ludwigia broad leaf red/green, and 1 mystery as the store owner I got it from didn’t know either) I have 5 neon tetras and would like to give those to my friend and purchase 8 cardinal tetras, I’m also looking for cherry shrimp which seem to be hard to find in Ontario without paying $9 each. Also I’m running 2 t10 zoomed ultra sun bulbs that are 6500k. Any input would be awesome, thanks IA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1547597422147.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	2.26 MB
ID:	875685  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 02:25 AM Thread Starter

Bump
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 03:11 AM
Algae Grower

Hi. Im also no expert into planted tank but let me chime in and then them w experience could add more for you.

Hardscape(wood)
-just imo its too centre, anyway i alwasy like to superglue plants to my hardscape (just another idea). Maybe you could play around with the position more or add something.

Plants.
-Jungle Val will take over 10 gallons. I love to see tanks with Vals really natural when they fill in but they do get huge (just to remind you).

-Dwarf Haigrass needs CO2, do you run any CO2? and is not suitable to be shaded (those near your wood and once your Vals fill in). Also you should separate the clump more and planting each small clump to fill the area (try see video how they plant DHG).

Hope it helps a little. What do you intend to put in this tank?

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for your advice and I don’t have any co2 currently but I’m planning on getting a fluval co2 Kit. I’m hoping to put pea puffer and shrimp. I have some breeding snails already for puffer snacks
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 11:30 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10gal View Post
Thank you for your advice and I don稚 have any co2 currently but I知 planning on getting a fluval co2 Kit. I知 hoping to put pea puffer and shrimp. I have some breeding snails already for puffer snacks
Hi. No problem. If you could save and spend some more money, i advise you go straight to use pressurized CO2 since its cheaper in the long run. I run mine on timer and its more stable. It will be better for your DHG carpet too.

Puffer and shrimp, i used to want to combine them too. Here's my post if you could use as reference.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...5&share_type=t

I think another factor to look at once you get the co2 going is whether your light is strong enough for carpet. Best of luck!

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode