Can't get rid of ich - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 02:54 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Can't get rid of ich

I just finished treating my tank for ich. I used half doses because I had neon tetras (which all died) and my other fish were hating the treatment too. I thought it was gone and of course just after I put in a bunch of new fish today I notice my pleco has spots. I'm wanting to treat with full doses this time to make sure it's gone but want to make sure it's okay with the fish I have. I tried the heat method but my heater on max won't raise the temp above 82.

Here are my fish:
2 adult platies, 9 babies
SUPER infected bristlenose pleco
5 larger type tetras (I'm sorry I don't remember what they were called)
1 coolie loach
2 guppies
1 beta
1 amano shrimp, 2 ghost shrimp
2 nerite snails, and some MTS

Does anyone know if any of these fish require a half dose of medication? My shrimp went through the treatment fine last time just acting normal the whole time. The baby platies and the pleco acted normal as well and the pleco is still acting completely normal even though she's COVERED in spots
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 03:42 AM
Wannabe Guru

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 05:03 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carissa Clayton View Post
I just finished treating my tank for ich. I used half doses because I had neon tetras (which all died) and my other fish were hating the treatment too. I thought it was gone and of course just after I put in a bunch of new fish today I notice my pleco has spots. I'm wanting to treat with full doses this time to make sure it's gone but want to make sure it's okay with the fish I have. I tried the heat method but my heater on max won't raise the temp above 82.

Here are my fish:
2 adult platies, 9 babies
SUPER infected bristlenose pleco
5 larger type tetras (I'm sorry I don't remember what they were called)
1 coolie loach
2 guppies
1 beta
1 amano shrimp, 2 ghost shrimp
2 nerite snails, and some MTS

Does anyone know if any of these fish require a half dose of medication? My shrimp went through the treatment fine last time just acting normal the whole time. The baby platies and the pleco acted normal as well and the pleco is still acting completely normal even though she's COVERED in spots
Overdose aquarium salt, ramp up temperatures to around 88 if you can but not past 90 or so. Go get a new heater!

The ich will get bad even worse than it is now but then it will be instantly better as the salt and high temp halts the ich cycle. I just treated ich in my community tank. Overdose on aquarium salt = key

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 05:25 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepherdOfShrimp View Post
Overdose aquarium salt, ramp up temperatures to around 88 if you can but not past 90 or so. Go get a new heater!

The ich will get bad even worse than it is now but then it will be instantly better as the salt and high temp halts the ich cycle. I just treated ich in my community tank. Overdose on aquarium salt = key
I just did a 50% water change and put in a half dose of malachite green. I think I'm going to give this a shot since I already started I'm just worried the half doses won't be enough and it'll come back again

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode