1Likes
  • 1 Post By nickquinteros

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
6.3g Bookshelf Nano: Planning the Setup

Hello everyone!

I used to own many planted tanks, but I never fully got into CO2 which was always my dream. I promised myself if I came back to the hobby I would do it with CO2.

I am planning on setting up a nano rimless tank. I am set on the Mr.Aqua bookshelf tank. The dimensions are 24” x 6.7" x 9.4" (60cm x 17cm x 24cm) and it is 6.3 Gallons.

I have the necessities like a heater, filter, hardscape etc. and I'm trying to stay on a budget. All I really need to deal with is CO2 and then the fun part (buying plants and scaping)! I don’t want to get too fancy, just a simple CO2 set up. A friend of mine has the Aquatek Mini CO2 regulator and I am pretty set on it. I wanted to make sure I have a list of all the supplies I need:

Aquatek Mini CO2 regulator
24oz Tippmann paintball tank
CO2 Tubing
Diffuser
Drop Checker
Thrive

Could you guys please help me out and let me know if I am missing anything?

Also, I have the Finnex FugeRay Planted+ 24” which will fit perfectly onto the tank, will this be too much light/too little? Or will I just need to find a perfect balance when injecting CO2 with that amount of lighting?

Thank you for everyone in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 03:36 AM
Algae Grower

a nutrient rich substrate will help a lot. aqua soil or organic potting mix capped with sand with provide nutrients and make the process easier. the fugeray should work just fine considering the tank is only 9.4 inches tall. just play around with the photo period until you get good growth

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
swarley likes this.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickquinteros View Post
a nutrient rich substrate will help a lot. aqua soil or organic potting mix capped with sand with provide nutrients and make the process easier. the fugeray should work just fine considering the tank is only 9.4 inches tall. just play around with the photo period until you get good growth

Yes I also have aqua soil! Forget to include that, but thank you for your input! I'm really paranoid about the light being too strong and causing crazy algae haha!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 09:10 PM
Algae Grower

you can expect some algae to pop up once you first set up the tank. once you start getting all the parameters where they should be algae will subside. when I first started up my dirted tank I had a ton of hair algae but I played with the lighting and co2 and manually removed what I could and I've been algae free for quite a while now

Tags
aquatek mini, co2 advice, finnex planted+, nano aquarium, planted aquarium

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode