Have a situation... - The Planted Tank Forum
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)
So I have a Fluval Spec 3 with CO2 and plants, not to mention the beta. My apartment just sprang a leak in the ceiling. Now they have to come in and replace the pipes.

Situation is I shouldn't have 3 tanks in my apartment. I know it's only a matter of time until they boot the Fluval.

I'm not sure how much I could realistically sell this set up for. Help me please.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Pics

Last edited by Darkblade48; 06-27-2018 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Please use the edit function for back to back posts to keep threads cleaner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 09:44 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by psalm18.2 View Post
So I have a Fluval Spec 3 with CO2 and plants, not to mention the beta. My apartment just sprang a leak in the ceiling. Now they have to come in and replace the pipes.

Situation is I shouldn't have 3 tanks in my apartment. I know it's only a matter of time until they boot the Fluval.

I'm not sure how much I could realistically sell this set up for. Help me please.

Throw a blanket over it. When they come in, if they ask what's under the blanket, say "If I wanted you to know, there wouldn't be a blanket over it, now would there be?"
Do they have to do work immediately above the tank?
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeorges View Post
Throw a blanket over it. When they come in, if they ask what's under the blanket, say "If I wanted you to know, there wouldn't be a blanket over it, now would there be?"
Do they have to do work immediately above the tank?
That's a good one!! Yes. Construction will be directly above tank area. They haven't said anything yet, but I know it's coming. The workers saw the tank today. We have a no pet policy.

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 10:01 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by psalm18.2 View Post
That's a good one!! Yes. Construction will be directly above tank area. They haven't said anything yet, but I know it's coming. The workers saw the tank today. We have a no pet policy.

You may be surprised. The workers frequently don't care, learned this from many years of renting.
Jorge_Burrito, Doc7 and splattered like this.
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeorges View Post
You may be surprised. The workers frequently don't care, learned this from many years of renting.
You give me hope. Maybe that blanket thing may work. Lol
I'd have to cover the tank with the construction anyways.

post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 10:12 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
In most cases, the property owners source this work out. The workers could care less. Besides, pet policies are put in place for liability purposes (i.e. dog bites mailman) or to protect their property from physical damage caused by some pets (pissing on hardwood floors or carpeting, chewing, clawing, etc.). I doubt your fish/shrimp are capable of such things. If they are, you have a bigger problem.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 10:13 PM
Planted Tank Guru

So pipes burst and they worry about 3 small tanks..Amazing..
switch to one 500gal.. LOL

sorry, carry on.
squishface likes this.

"A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure."
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 10:19 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
My wonderful girlfriends thoughts on it are that you can't "pet" a fish, therefore, they aren't banned by the no pet policy (cause duh). My thoughts are it's a water garden and they're in there for natural fertilizer, and if it's an issue i'll move the fish and leave the giant box of water
splattered and zmartin like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Help build the [
] and [
]
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 10:47 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
But on a more practical level, would it not be much smarter to be moving the tank out of harm's way? I would not want somebody doing plumbing, sheetrock and painting over any of my tanks if it was something I could avoid. Things get dropped and one sure way to be in trouble is to have something that is questionable and then try to get it replaced if it gets broken! Two hours work might avoid weeks of drama!
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantedRich View Post
But on a more practical level, would it not be much smarter to be moving the tank out of harm's way? I would not want somebody doing plumbing, sheetrock and painting over any of my tanks if it was something I could avoid. Things get dropped and one sure way to be in trouble is to have something that is questionable and then try to get it replaced if it gets broken! Two hours work might avoid weeks of drama!
I will certainly move the tank if I don't sell it before the work begins. I have to move my whole bedroom around anyways. I'd lower the water and keep it just wet enough for the fish and plants. Either way it's going to be a process!

post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 11:22 PM
OVT
Carpe Diem

PTrader: (144/100%)
Move it, cover it, keep it, enjoy it.

PS: our dog can piss more then in that tank. And he is not a pet. He is the property manager.
:-)
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 12:09 AM
Planted Member

The issue you have isn't the fauna, it's the fact that you have a tank of water sitting in your apartment and they don't want it to break and cause water damage.

Anyways, there is no reason to sell your tank unless you're just trying to get rid of it, especially one that small. Just throw a blanket over it or hide it in a closet.

My landlord thinks I'm a single guy with no pets. In reality I have a wife, 4 cats, 5 gallon, 10 gallon and getting a 20 gallon soon. It's super easy to hide that stuff. If anything just cut the bottom off a cardboard box and slip it over the tank. Now it just looks like a box sitting on a table.
Jorge_Burrito and Wantsome99 like this.
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 12:15 AM
Wannabe Guru

A fluval spec 3 is practically a vase! Just add some chinese evergreen plants ...
dukydaf likes this.

post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 01:14 AM
Planted Member

Just for future reference when I sell something on craigslist I basically ask for half of what I paid. When people buy used stuff they're taking a risk of it working or not. Anymore then half and you're going to sit on it for a long time. What really gets me is when people don't clean what they're selling. It looks like junk then they add everything up what they paid and subtract $10. Some people on craigslist are flat out delusional.
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 01:49 AM
Banned

PTrader: (73/100%)
I would say its a Therapy Fish. Show them some type of "Paperwork"
mgeorges likes this.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode