Wanting to Upgrade, but Needing Help - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-25-2018, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Wanting to Upgrade, but Needing Help

I want to upgrade my 10 gallon tank to either a 15 or a 20, but I'm not sure where to start. The heater, filter, and bubbler I have should work just fine in either size, but I need the tank to at least come with a lid and, preferably, LED lights. Anybody know where I can get a tank with just a lid and lights? My fish's fins also seem to be very delicate, so I was also hoping that I could get some decoration ideas? I want a very natural look, so driftwoods (fake or real), plants (same here), and rocks would all be great! The ones at the nearest store are super expensive (one is a single plastic leaf for $15) or are just super sharp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-25-2018, 07:50 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
I might give some ideas on how to find the wood and rocks for free---with some effort!
I never buy wood nor rocks as they are all around in my area when we get to know what is good and what not so good.
Wood is a good place to start as it certainly comes in all kinds of shapes and sizes and most places will have it laying out for free. Learning to look in the best places and knowing what is good and not is a place to start. Rocks are almost always safe to use once treated correctly but wood takes a bir more thought to avoid trouble.
Got some hiking shoes and some time to do a bit of legwork?
If it sounds like something for you, say so and we can go into real detail on how and why of wood finding. A bit of info on what part of the world is home for you may help as the free wood varies from place to place. some are easy, some not so much but it is certain to be cheap! The hard part is not in dragging it home but figuring out which piece and which way to turn it!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode