Planted tank with goldfish - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-23-2018, 12:06 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Question Planted tank with goldfish

I am creating a planted tank with goldfish (details below) and have been wondering which setup would be best for plant growth. The tank is going to be vertical with the entire back of the tank filled with the long low to mid light plants listed below. I will most likely be using a RGB
Chihiros LED or Beamswork LED strip light on top of the tank (I still don't know whether I should buy two lights or not), and I am not sure whether I should put the plants growing in the back in a long pot filled with substrate or just anchored down in the pebbles with root tabs and liquid fertilizers, and I would like the the plants to be able to outgrow any picking the fish will be doing on them (preferably 2-4 inches a week). Which setup would allow the most optimal plant growth? Should I go with two lights on top of the tank or just one? And what fertilizers should I be using in order to keep the plants below healthy? ANY feedback, either suggestions or changes I should make to the tank would be great! Thanks for the help!

TYPE OF TANK:
-This tank is going to be a cold(65-70 degrees Fahrenheit) freshwater with 3 comets and a fan tailed goldfish (all around 3 to 4 inches in length), Its going to have small pebbles for the substrate (around 1cm or less), and i'm using a fluval 305 filter.
(I know they're not exactly the fanciest fish but I've taken them on as rescues over the past 6 years and always wanted to give them a larger tank)

SIZE:
-BASE: 18x20in with the 20 inch side facing forward
-DEPTH: 25in
-VOLUME: 40 Gallons
-The tank is a vertical tank

PLANTS
-These are the plants i'm planning to start with (recommendations and insight on plant choice is highly appreciated)
-BACKGROUND PLANTS:
-Jungle Vallisneria
-Cabomba or Carolina Fanwort
-Crypt Spiralis

- DRIFTWOOD/ROCK MOUNTED PLANTS:
-Javafern
-Javamoss

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode