Gonna need a little help ! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Ok guys i think my 20g is finally showing signs of life, However this past wknd i found a 29gallon tank at a garage sale for 10$ just the glass, and my luck didnt stop there, I went to 4 different pets mart stores and they were having a canopy sale on there discontinued models and i bought a lot !!! I bought a 29g black canopy for 20$ a black 55g 20$ and a pine 55g 40$ a 75G black for 10$ and get this a black 125g for 20$ !!!
so i scored big this wknd !!
anyhoo i'm going to start small one canopy at a time, so first off here is a link that everyone might be very interested in
This is what im going to setup, my main question is what kind of plants should i use and where to get them ?
My local places just carry standard stuff
Ebay has a decent selection and fairly good prices, I'm goign to have 4 adult size rainbow fish, Bosmanti and Australian
and a couple alagae eaters either sae's or a bristlenose, I also wanted suggestions in what to put in the back of the tank, should i paint it black ? leave it plain glass and try to put plants that will cover the glass, so what are some good places to buy plants on line for good prices?
I will also be doing DYI co2 im sure since ill be having around 120w in this tank of 29g
Thanks

Kurt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 06:18 PM
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (6/100%)
I like to paint the backs of my tanks blue with regular interior latex paint so I can scrape it off at a later time if I want to. Use a dark blue and it gives the tank impressive depth and offsets the colors of the fish well...
[image]http://www.mustangmods.com/publish/GulfCoastMustang/tank/GCA-55g_02a.jpg[/image]

As for where to order plants, try http://www.aquaticplantdepot.com/
They've got great prices and selection and excellent service. As for what kind of plants? Wow, that's too broad a question, but my favorites are Rotala Indica, Subulata Tall Sagittaria, Giant Hygro, Anubias, Crypts and Chain Swords.

- Sam P -
plantedtanker in limbo - all tanks currently in storage
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
I always thought blue would be for saltwater ?
thanks for the nice pics
I'll take a peek at that site u gave me

Kurt

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode