GLA Atomic CO2 diffuser thoughts? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 04:09 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
GLA Atomic CO2 diffuser thoughts?

Has anyone used the atomic CO2 inline diffuser offered by GLA?
http://www.greenleafaquariums.com/co...ffuser-12.html

Is it good? Does it release a fine mist into the tank? I have a DIY reactor made of PVC pipe, but i believe the absorption of CO2 is poor requiring, thus requiring an absurdly high bubble rate to reach adequate CO2 levels in my 55G.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 05:50 AM
These pants? are fancy.

PTrader: (272/100%)
Yep, I use one, though I didn't get it from GLA. I'm using it in my 50g, and it works pretty good. It does shoot out a mist though, which isn't the most attractive thing.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 06:44 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)
From what I can tell, the GLA Atomic Inline Diffusers are simply rebranded UpAqua co2 atomizers.

If this is the case, I have generally heard good things about them. From what I have read, in order for the atomizer to function properly, the working pressure on your regulator must be set a decent bit higher than if you were using a typical glass diffuser. Also, they tend to be more efficent than the typical diffuser, which means less bps needed to get Co2 levels to the ideal range, which means that a tank fill lasts longer, which can mean less money in the long run.

I am interested in getting one myself in the future, as it removes another element from inside the tank. There was another large thread on the site not too long ago discussing this exact product, but I was unable to find it by searching.

EDIT: I found the thread that I mentioned earlier. It is pretty extensive: https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/eq...er-market.html

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode