I am proud to announce to you guys after three months, that I have successfully established a self substaining ecosystem within my 20 long aquarium.
It is heavily planted with blyxa japonica, java fern trident, flame moss, and algae
1. RCS breed rapidly inside the tank.
2. I do not feed my five juvi discus enough daily.
3. They hunt on the foreground for shrimp. I've seen one of my blue cobalts chomp 20-25 in a single visit to the flame moss cave.
VERY FUN TO WATCH!
4. The shrimp are fed with Hikari and Shrimp bites.
5. The discus are fed with premium staple food and bloodworms.
6. Algae is dealt with by Chinese Algae Eaters.
7. Ammonia is taken in by plants.
I haven't cleaned this tank in over half a year and haven't seen anything but growth in everything.
I use one internal Fluval filter and a SunSun 302, Coralife T5HO, DIY CO2 from Jaggedfury, no dry ferts.
ANYONE ELSE TRY THIS BEFORE?