Moving my tanks - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-29-2018, 03:43 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Moving my tanks

Hello everyone, I’m moving my tanks less then 10 miles away and I’m wondering if it is possible to leave plants and fish in the tank with very little water? Thoughts? Suggestions? Will it be more or less destructive to leave them in or tear the whole tank down them down?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-29-2018, 04:50 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmc7799 View Post
Hello everyone, I’m moving my tanks less then 10 miles away and I’m wondering if it is possible to leave plants and fish in the tank with very little water? Thoughts? Suggestions? Will it be more or less destructive to leave them in or tear the whole tank down them down?
I tried moving my aquarium from one room to another with very little water .. but the whiplash of little water moving around was too much it nearly tore my carpet plants away..so i am definitely sure it would take ur fishes for a ride in a car..

But i guess the thing u can do is put the fish in a plastic bag with water and tie it.. and the aquarium remove the water till the substrate so there isnt water in it to to move around much..
And when u reach ur place just fill it up with water back place the fishes in..

May be someone has a better suggestion..
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-29-2018, 11:58 PM
Algae Grower

Get a petco bucket put the fish and plants in it. You could leave the substrate but it probly will break the aquarium during transport. I destroyed my acylic tank by leaving substrate in it and had to get a new 40 gal one later. The other 36 gallon leaked to after transport.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode