Help complete C02 system 75 gallon - The Planted Tank Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-25-2018, 02:53 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Help complete C02 system 75 gallon

Could someone put together a refillable c02 system for a 75 gallon that I could order everything off Amazon?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 03:08 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaver82 View Post
Could someone put together a refillable c02 system for a 75 gallon that I could order everything off Amazon?

search aquatek online they have a lot of different regulators and work well and a good price too. I use the aquatek mini that connects to a paintball co2 tank. so far has lasted me 4 months and still don't need to refill it. might not last as long on a 75 but still a good amount of time. they also have regulators for large co2 tanks like a 5 lb. they also sell co2 tubing and diffusers. I believe the prices will be lower if you get it from ebay rather than Amazon so you might have to pay shipping. but the price is still good

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 10:08 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

from my research the amazon regs are hit and miss. they last for some and others not so much.

look into Green leaf aquariums there a well know co2 setup. or build your own will require research reading and asking questions. that is what I am going.
check out diyco2regulator for there post body kit. then find a nice reg. you like and bam there you go.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 10:16 PM
OVT
Carpe Diem

PTrader: (144/100%)
I like the "bam" part.
Nlewis and Nlewis like this.

Courtesy * Integrity * Perseverance * Indominable Spirit * and Self Control
Tenets of TKD
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 12:26 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:

Actually? Not very likely to get the better choices there as it is not a one stop shopping experience and part of that experience is knowing what works well and what will drive you crazy. Part of the question involves such personal decisions like where and how you will get it refilled. You can always buy a new empty tank, for instance but that is not going to work very well if the only place that agrees to refill that tank is 65 miles away?
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 12:32 AM
Planted Member

I made the mistake of buying my first regulator on Amazon for like $46. Not worth it. The rate was near impossible to keep consistent, you couldn't adjust the outlet pressure below 55, it had a small leak and because of that my 5lb bottle lasted 6 weeks on a 10 gallon tank.

Save that $50 or so and just pony up the extra up either buy a regulator from someone on the WTS section of the forum, or one of the greenleaf aquarium models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 09:31 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaz419 View Post
I made the mistake of buying my first regulator on Amazon for like $46. Not worth it. The rate was near impossible to keep consistent, you couldn't adjust the outlet pressure below 55, it had a small leak and because of that my 5lb bottle lasted 6 weeks on a 10 gallon tank.

Save that $50 or so and just pony up the extra up either buy a regulator from someone on the WTS section of the forum, or one of the greenleaf aquarium models.

I'm looking at the Green leaf regulators right now. Would you guys highly recommend these? I see they are handmade, tested and come with a 6 year guarantee.

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 11:03 AM
Planted Member

Quote:
I'm looking at the Green leaf regulators right now. Would you guys highly recommend these? I see they are handmade, tested and come with a 6 year guarantee.

Yeah they come pretty highly recommended around here. There are a number of people who say that for the same money you can buy parts off eBay and other sites and make your own regulator of higher quality.... personally, I'm not so into the DIY thing in this hobby (yet). BUT, If that interests you, I highly suggest you look into it.

Also, regardless of which reg you end up with, look into getting the greenleaf in line atomizer as well. It's only $38, and it was one of the best upgrades I made. There was an obvious difference in plant growth immediately after switching...I was using a ceramic disk before that, and it just isn't the same.

Weaver82 and Weaver82 like this.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 02:57 PM
Algae Grower

I have the Green leaf regulator and inline diffuser they are both working great
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 04:09 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

if your looking for plug and play I do hear good things about them. like said I almost when that way. but then I decided a DIY 2 stage regulator just mode more sense. ( for me) just got in all the goodies yesterday, know to screw it all together that id the extent for DIY it's not like we are building the regulator more of deciding on the parts you want.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 04:11 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Here a pic of the reg. And post body kit I got.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 02:31 PM
Planted Tank Guru

I favor DIY but there is always a chance that it can be a total bust if one is not well into tools, space and practice. Seems so simple but can be extremely hard at times. If you happen to get a reg that has a really tight nipple(pipe?), it can be nearly impossible to get it out even with lots of tools. Just a warning that not all things are as simple as they look, so keep in mind that it does sometimes lead to a large loss if you are not setting on a very large vise and a pipe wrench!
Not to deter those who know what I mean but just to advise those who have not tried it.
It can work great--- or not?
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 02:52 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by underH20garden View Post
Here a pic of the reg. And post body kit I got.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Bravo!! Good choice
PlantedRich and PlantedRich like this.

A forum user's post count is like watts/gallon. It doesn't tell you anything about the quality of what they're giving.
Do it then talk, nah do it nah talk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 03:22 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantedRich View Post
I favor DIY but there is always a chance that it can be a total bust if one is not well into tools, space and practice. Seems so simple but can be extremely hard at times. If you happen to get a reg that has a really tight nipple(pipe?), it can be nearly impossible to get it out even with lots of tools. Just a warning that not all things are as simple as they look, so keep in mind that it does sometimes lead to a large loss if you are not setting on a very large vise and a pipe wrench!
Not to deter those who know what I mean but just to advise those who have not tried it.
It can work great--- or not?
yes I agree as a total noob to FW and pressurized Co2 take every thing I say with a grain of salt or two..
I do hope my build comes out as easy as it is in my mind.

OP lots of ppl like the GLA regs and seem to work for many. I thinks it a solid choice.
best of luck picking you Co2 system!
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 05:10 PM
Planted Tank Guru

If life came with a solid promise that all would be easy, why would we come out kicking and screaming?

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode