Dilema consolidating 2 tanks????? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 04:02 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (8/100%)
Dilema consolidating 2 tanks?????

So what im doing is taking my 10G and my 7G rimmless and putting them into a 20 long tank. I had my 7G with no fauna so that one was easy i just broke it down moved the substrate into the 20 long. But the 10G has about 150 cherry shrimp, about 6 CRS/CBS, 2 baby albino bushy nose pleco's, and 2 ottos. The issue is i tried to take some of the substrate out of my 10G to get the 20 long setup and the clouding of my amazonia 2 is rediculous. Is there anything to be worried about with the clouding? I was thinking maybe an ammonia spike? What would be the best way to get the substrate out of the 10G so i can setup my 20 long? Any help would be great. Thanks

USMC SGT TYPE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-09-2011, 06:03 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Place all shrimp and fish into bare tank, transfer substrate, wait and test water, when okay put them into the 20g. Lots of work but safest if you're worried about ammonia and the clouding.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

^^^Fraternity of Dirt #29 >>>>>As below, so above and beyond, I imagine. Drawn outside the lines of reason. Push the envelope. Watch it bend.<<<<<
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 02:24 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thats what i was thinking. It just sucks having to move all of the shrimp more than once. Thanks

USMC SGT TYPE

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 05:23 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Ok so i took my 7G that i emptied and moved the water from the ten into it. I dropped the water halfway and started to net the shrimp out and it took me a loooonngg time to get them all out. So my 20 long is planted and everything that went into the tank is from an established tank so it should take no time for me to move my inhabitants over.

USMC SGT TYPE

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode