What could be worse than your worst algae problem - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
x2h
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (7/100%)
What could be worse than your worst algae problem

last night i found two pieces of orange peels lying on the substrate of my tank, among the plants. each about the size of my thumbnail. coincidentally, two of my rummynose tetra died that day earlier. I don't know if i can relate the two together. i asked around and it turns out that my in-law who's visiting us for a few months threw those in the tank just to see "if the fish would be interested".

I was like, erh, "... seriously?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 01:50 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (25/100%)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 01:53 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (40/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid View Post
+1
LOL!!!

Fraternity of Dirt #30 - SunSun Pimp Club #20 - Eheim Pimp Club #412

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 01:54 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
My daughter used to post on her paintings in high school this warning:

"Even if you WANT to die, don't touch this painting."

jim
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 06:43 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

I would be so...... livid.

About a year ago my kid brother threw a handful of "treasure" (pennies, nickles and dimes) in my tank, it was terrible. He got his butt whooped - and he's just a kid!

Sabrina
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 06:59 PM
Algae Grower

I've acquired and set up a 60gal tank for a local kindergarden.
On the first day , a kid grabbed the hood and started to climb up the tank..wtf.
...kids mother didn't even react untill she saw that my head is about to explode

Later i have put the sign on the tank that says ''don't touch the tank'' but everytime i do maintenence first i have to clean the fingerprints off the glass to be able to see the fish inside
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 07:01 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (38/100%)
I gassed my shrimps with CO2, some of them died and I wonder if the others ones are brain damaged or something.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 07:04 PM
Banned

...change the locks and see if he would be interested in finding a new place to live for a few months

I remember an inlaw came to visit with her demon spawn...they banged and banged and banged on my tank...

eventually I said..."get away from the tanks plz"...since you know, no one wants to parent their kids

it is IMPOSSIBLE to find 1 person who regrets going pressurized

if you do it right, you can spend a lot of money in this hobby...of course, if you do it wrong - you'll spend A LOT more
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 07:09 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (38/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMoneybags View Post
...change the locks and see if he would be interested in finding a new place to live for a few months

I remember an inlaw came to visit with her demon spawn...they banged and banged and banged on my tank...

eventually I said..."get away from the tanks plz"...since you know, no one wants to parent their kids
They were selling puffer fish at Walmart and these kids were banging on their part of the tank. I felt so bad for the fish, but too chicken to speak up... cuz the parents were there even encouraging them...
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-07-2011, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
x2h
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (7/100%)
lol that's a lot of funny stories. i feel i am not alone and that makes me feel better now.

seriously, if you put a "do not push" sign next to a big red button, people will push it for sure, or at least WANTED to.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-08-2011, 12:33 AM
Banned

^^thats why you should design it so that you reach through a saw blade to push the [power] "Do not touch" button
- it energizes and removes some fingers

...at least in my world it would work that way
i think 10x to get it right is generous enough and more than fair!!

Im just more ruthless that way I guess...Im only 25 and Im f-ing fed up with the disrespectful kids of today...they have EVERYTHING given to them and even then they are ungrateful, lacking self-control and RUDE

I blame allll of those agencies and "educated" people who stopped parents from being able to discipline their children in public

it is IMPOSSIBLE to find 1 person who regrets going pressurized

if you do it right, you can spend a lot of money in this hobby...of course, if you do it wrong - you'll spend A LOT more
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-08-2011, 12:58 AM
Algae Grower

my moms cat is constantly sitting on my coralife light it doesnt bug the fish but if you have ever seen the coralife t5no then you would know how fragile they are
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-08-2011, 02:05 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Not my story, but my uncles friend had a laaaarge tank about 150 gallons and caught a drunken fool taking a leak off his bed into the tank.

26 bottle across the head and buddy won't ever think of that idea again. He didn't lose anyoscars and whatever else he had (was like 8 when I first saw the tank) suprisingly. I like how the top of my tank is 6 feet above the ground for this reason LOL.

^^^Fraternity of Dirt #29 >>>>>As below, so above and beyond, I imagine. Drawn outside the lines of reason. Push the envelope. Watch it bend.<<<<<
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Planted Member

I had a 10g grow-out tank I kept in my office. It was about 6 inches off the ground on a bottom shelf. I kept shrimp and extra plants in the tank and would give them to friends and family that had tanks (usually my brother).

My mother came to visit with my nephew one day before I could get in for work. My wife and mother didn't think to watch my 4-year-old nephew as he trotted off to my office. He knew where the tank was and had seen me pull out plants for his dad. He decided he would collect some own his own.

A few minutes later, he came out screaming and crying while holding out his arm. Seems it got coated with duckweed and it freaked him out. Unfortunately, my wife and mother didn't understand what he had gotten into and freaked out as well.

I got a laugh out of it when I got home but it stopped being funny after I realized I was going to be the one to vacuum it all up.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-13-2011, 12:09 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by x2h View Post
last night i found two pieces of orange peels lying on the substrate of my tank, among the plants. each about the size of my thumbnail. coincidentally, two of my rummynose tetra died that day earlier. I don't know if i can relate the two together. i asked around and it turns out that my in-law who's visiting us for a few months threw those in the tank just to see "if the fish would be interested".

I was like, erh, "... seriously?"

Its time to tell The In-law Josey Wales to move into the YMCA.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode