GDA...hmmm. Would you please tell me more about your tank? What're the lights, filter, CO2, ferts, etc? How often do you clean the tank vs. only removing/exchanging water? Pictures would be helpful as well.
The tank is a 40 breeder. The light in the rear is a Fluval 3.0 and the foreground is covered by a Finnex Fugeray Planted+. At the substrate I measured the Fluval @ 114 PAR and the Finnex @ 65-70 PAR. The rear was covered by a Finnex 24/7 CC but thatís when the algae was at its worst. The reason why I increased the lighting is because I noticed there was significantly less algae on plants that were closer to the light getting blasted with PAR, and my pogostemon yatabeanus was shedding leaves like crazy. Since increasing the light intensity, the pogostemon has quit shedding its leaves.
I also increased micros and that seems to have helped, in conjunction with the higher light, new growth isnít getting much or any algae at all.
Photoperiod is 8 hours and, according to online calculators, co2 should be roughly 35-40 ppm when lights come on.
I perform a weekly 50% water change, removing any organic waste I can. Any leaves that have fallen off, leaves that donít look like theyíre doing well, getting as much detritus out of the java fern as I can. Filter is cleaned about once a month, SunSun 303b.
It seems like Iíve figured out how to keep new algae from growing on new growth, but if there was a way to eradicate the stuff thatís existing on the plants rather than thinning everything out, that would be awesome. Ironically it barely even grows on the glass now, only a very slight haze that I wipe off on water change day.
Here are some pictures.
You can see it pretty good on the java fern to the left.
And here pretty good on the bacopa.
Hereís what new growth is coming in like, alternanthera reineckii lilacina, pogostemon yatabeanus, and crypt undulata red in the shot.
Hereís an overall tank shot, in the front Iím trying to grow out some pogostemon helferi and a crypt flamingo, theyíre brand new and not in the best shape yet.
Macros are front loaded on water change day and micros are doses 3 times a week.
CSM+B is dosed to 0.2 ppm Fe and DTPA to 0.1 ppm Fe because my pH without co2 is 7.4 and dKH 5.
On water change day my nitrate is about 30-40 ppm (API kit is hard to distinguish) and phosphates about 2-3 ppm (darker than 2 but not quite as dark as 3).
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk