DSM Nano - The Planted Tank Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 06:41 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 70
DSM Nano

Hi,

I started with a DSM nano tank (7.5 gallons) a couple of weeks ago. I'm using Fluval Startum for substrate and it has adequate lighting (12 hours of chihiros A601 on two 7.5 tanks). I planted Monte Carlo and it seems like the leaves are turning darker (and larger?!). Is it dying?
eltila is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 12:37 PM
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltila View Post
Hi,

I started with a DSM nano tank (7.5 gallons) a couple of weeks ago. I'm using Fluval Startum for substrate and it has adequate lighting (12 hours of chihiros A601 on two 7.5 tanks). I planted Monte Carlo and it seems like the leaves are turning darker (and larger?!). Is it dying?
are you dosing, running co2, what are the water parameter? if you bought the plant as an emersed plant it'll melt in your tank but eventually should start growing again. but I can't tell you what's wrong without more info on your tank.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
nickquinteros is offline  
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 02:05 PM
Wannabe Guru
 
PTrader: (6/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: United States
Posts: 1,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickquinteros View Post
are you dosing, running co2, what are the water parameter? if you bought the plant as an emersed plant it'll melt in your tank but eventually should start growing again. but I can't tell you what's wrong without more info on your tank.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

DSM=dry start method. No water parameters, no conversion from emersed.....


To the OP, I would think the leaves getting larger is a good sign.
Kubla is offline  
 
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubla View Post
DSM=dry start method. No water parameters, no conversion from emersed.....


To the OP, I would think the leaves getting larger is a good sign.
I'm actually not sure whether larger or rotting. Dark green, nothing like any MC I've seen before.
eltila is offline  
Reply

Tags
None

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome