Oddball tank - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-29-2010, 03:06 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (26/100%)
Oddball tank

I'm wondering if someone can give me any info on an oddball tank my LFS got in on trade. I want to buy it, but I have some fears and want to learn more about it because it's an odd size.

It's some kind of octagon (there are 8 sides, not 6, but most MFRs would still call it a hex). I didn't measure the tank, but I'd put it at about 30x12x16. It's shaped like a flat back hex, but instead of a flat back, the back is the same as the front (two smaller glass "corners" and the larger single panel like the front). Wondering if anyone knows much about this shape etc, was it discontinued for a specific reason etc.

It is an old tank (the date sticker on the bottom says the warranty expired in 1984, shocked to say the least) the glass actually is in great shape, the silicone looks new, but its done so well I'd lean more towards original than a reseal. Hence my
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 05:48 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Check lighting options for those dimensions.

HG
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 03:33 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
The stand would be the only thing I'd worry about. I had a heck of a time finding one for my old hex.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- three years old at this point

My
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- retired

The 50 Gallon
- retired

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode