40 Gallon Long - where to purchase one - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-18-2017, 05:07 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
40 Gallon Long - where to purchase one

My First post: I have gotten a ton of great info from this forum, Thank You.

I have a planted 29 gallon long on my desk in my home office, really enjoy having it right there where I am working. I would like to upgrade to a 40 gallon long but I'm having a hard time finding one. I realize it is kind of narrow but I kind of like my narrow 29 long so I'm ok with it. Anyone know where I could find a 40 Gallon Long online? Or local i'm in the Seattle, WA area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-18-2017, 05:37 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody123 View Post
My First post: I have gotten a ton of great info from this forum, Thank You.

I have a planted 29 gallon long on my desk in my home office, really enjoy having it right there where I am working. I would like to upgrade to a 40 gallon long but I'm having a hard time finding one. I realize it is kind of narrow but I kind of like my narrow 29 long so I'm ok with it. Anyone know where I could find a 40 Gallon Long online? Or local i'm in the Seattle, WA area.
Not to promote but the aquarium Coop is not far fro seattle. Just north in edmonds if I remember correctly and I'm sure they would order you one but idk what their policy is if you need to pay a deposit or in full I have no idea. I think the 33 longs are the same footprint just shorter but maybe if you can't get the 40 ask about the 33. Also you could order one online but either way they are expensive as smaller tank go. I know I really like the long footprint. Hope to get a river tank going in my 55 in a year and fill it halfway and then try a few hillstream plecos although I haven't a clue what could stay planted in one. There are lots of aquarium geeks in Seattle so maybe try the GSAS Greater Seattle Aquarium Society and maybe you could get one for real cheap. Other than that I doubt you will ever find one on a store floor or on craigslist as they are expensive tanks and people don't just buy them for their first tank like I said they aren't common in stores. There's also a few other stores within Seattle you could try like King Discus and the little amazon and my favorite is The fish store which has the most straightforward name but if you wanted to go rimless try Aquarium Zen but make sure they are open as they aren't always open I think on mondays they are closed. I was lucky enough to live a little south Of Seattle and spend tons of time in each store last year.

My 29 gallon tetra tank that I just throw plants at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-18-2017, 05:54 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks Brackon,

The Aquarium Zen is awesome, I really like the Aquarim coop as well, i have gotten all my plants from those two. I will give the guys at the coop a call tomorrow and see if they can order one. I'm starting to realize it is going to cost me but it is the perfect size for my office desk and i really want a long tank. I need to check out the GSAS some day. I have only been at this for about 6 months but i have found it very enjoyable. Built my first CO2 reactor a couple days ago.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-18-2017, 04:26 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (65/100%)
Hi @woody123,

I would call several of our LFS in the area and ask how much they would charge you, prices can vary quite a bit. It will likely be a 'special order' which hopefully the local wholesaler keeps in stock so it should only tank a week or two for the store to get it. Most of the LFS (not big box) give GSAS members a discount, another good reason to become a member.

Roy_________

75 Gallon, 2X55W AH Supply CF 8800K, 1X 59W Fluval Plant (3.0); 45 Gallon Tall, 1X 46W Fluval Plant (3.0); 30 Gallon Long; Fluval F&P 2.0; 20 Gallon, 1X26W AH Supply LED; all with CO2 & (Calcined) Montmorillonite Clay
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 02:04 AM
Wannabe Guru

Just go to any good non-chain LFS and ask them to order it for you. That is what I did with my 33 long.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-20-2017, 06:07 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Any LFS should be able to order one for you. Last year, my 40 Long was ordered from Marineland from my LFS. Cost around 130.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode