Need help w/Dupla 400 reactor - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2004, 02:43 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (27/100%)
Need help w/Dupla 400 reactor

Does anyone use one of these, I've purchashed this unit but it did not have any instructions. I've got the reactor set up with a powerhead and I have the CO2 entering at a bubble per second, but I don't know what the six plugged holes are for on the side of the unit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2004, 02:45 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via MSN to pufferfreak Send a message via Yahoo to pufferfreak
i'm not sure what your talking about because i've never seen this model, but maybe the six holes are for sucken cups
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2004, 03:08 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

No the unit has 2 suction cups on the back and is attached to aquarium glass. The six plugged holes are for setting the correct dosage of CO2 into the water I just don't know how exactly to use them.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2004, 09:22 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via MSN to pufferfreak Send a message via Yahoo to pufferfreak
beats me then
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2004, 09:42 PM
Doesn't like Kool-Aid

PTrader: (52/100%)
150EH, add your location to your profile. Gives everyone an idea where you are from.

My guess is that 150EH is from somewhere in Europe, that is where most Dupla products are sold!

I am not familiar with this product, and can't begin to guess on how it functions. I did find this out on the web. It is a post from another forum that has some info on the reactor 400. Hope it helps!

http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/showth...oto=nextoldest

Mike

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-07-2004, 01:18 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Thanks for the help! I finally found some instructions from the US distributor for Dupla (Hawaiian Marine). I going to post this incase anyone else has this problem.
First make sure that you fill the Dupla CO2 Dauertest (permant CO2 test)with water from the aquarium and no other source. Then for the reactor you make all connection as per instruction (even though there is no additional pump required, I used a Maxi-Jet 400 powerhead) then you unplug the first hole (#1) and slowly turn on the needle valve until the top of reactor is filled with CO2 (this may take 30 mins. to chase all the water from the top of the reactor) down to the #1 hole but not leaking out of it. Wait a day and check the CO2 level, if its to high your only hope is decreasing the CO2 with the needle valve or getting a small diffuser. If you need more CO2 plug hole #1 and unplug hole #2 and fill the reactor to #2, if you need more repeat these steps until you reach hole #6. The reactor chamber is filled with CO2 to the point you determine and the water from the power head trickles through it. I say trickles because you use the supplied 90 degree elbow and leave one connection open so the water is not forced through the reator, this gives the water more time to absorb the CO2.
For any having problems getting enough CO2 into a large tank, this one works great. Its make for tanks up to 400l (106 gals.) but I have it on 150 gallon and I am only using the #2 setting.
150EH is for 150 gallon extra high, I am from Maryland.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode