Invertebrates for planted tank - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Invertebrates for planted tank

Hello,

I have a planted tank with some rotalla's, moss, crypt parva and eleocharis parvula. I want to add some invertebrates for it, I had a neritina snail, but after 5 months she died. Now I want some advice on what inverts to get to benefit my planted tank, and before I go to the shrimp route, I want to get some type of a carpet from the eleocharis, so there's still a little bit of time for shrimps
I want mainly to clean the algae, but MTS seem cool since they only clean at night, but I also don't want my plants eaten (don't know if they eat it)

Can you guys give me any advice?
The tank is a 10G

Enviado do meu S3 através de Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 10:24 AM
Algae Grower

Rams horn snails, the small ones, are good. Dwarf Mexican crayfish are cool, the various shrimp you already mentioned and that's about all that comes to mind off the top of my head.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 01:52 PM
Planted Member

I myself have wondered whether some of the crustaceans like the dwarf lobsters and crayfish wouldn't be harmful to plants though. I've had a couple crayfish before and they ate the sh!t out of my swords. It seems like there's differing information, can anyone enlighten me as to what I may have been doing wrong, or what everyone's differing experience has shown?

I have MTS

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 02:17 PM
Algae Grower

My MTS don't seem to eat plants. They do come out a bit during daytime, which doesn't bother me at all, but I guess it might bother some. Poorly anchored plants may come loose if they dig around their roots, but otherwise they're all good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- ~30G low everything, open top, dirted community aquascape ... thingy
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 03:08 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Amano shrimp grow large enough to not be bothered by most fish. I wouldn't do lobsters or crayfish. Just not a good mix for fish and plants usually. Malaysian trumpet snails, Rams horn, Nerites... then the smaller shrimp. That's pretty much it for invertebrates.

Twin high tech 75's -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode