Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Suggestions on stocking
I recently upgraded my standard 29gal tank (30x12x18 height) to a 33gal breeder (36x18x12 height). It is well planted, with the following plants:
Egeria, cabomba, staurygene repens, helanthium tenellum, java moss, java sword, cryptocorine and amazon sword.
I have flourite dark substrate, and a decent sized area (about 1/4 or 1/3 of aquarium) with white sand. The hardscape has some driftwood and rocks.
I would like to add more fish, so I am looking for suggestions that would be compatible with the following inhabitants:
- 8x Neon tetras
- 4x Corydora Panda (they have already spawned twice, and Ive seen fry on 2 different occasions but none seem to have survived yet)
- 3 otocynclus
- 1 large rock/bamboo shrimp (about 4 inches long)
- A decent amount of Blue Dream shrimps (4 reproducting adults, 6 young adults, 12 juveniles, and a new batch of eggs that just hatched).
I've been considering a mix of the following:
- German blue or Electric rams (1 pair)
- Cockatoo rams (1pair)
- Rasboras, harlequin or similar (1 dozen)
- Trio of fancy guppies
- Single Betta
Please give me your opinions and/or provide suggestions for possible stocking!