new to me 135g setup - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
new to me 135g setup

I recently acquired a 135gallon tank as a trade for my 90g (other person was looking to downgrade, lucky me!) - 72Lx18Wx25H. Desk lights are temporary.

Overall it's in decent shape, some very slight scratches here and there but nothing that was deal breaking. The tank has no middle brace, I assume its an older tank and it bowed beyond my comfort zone when full - so I made a wooden brace to help out for the time being. After giving it a good clean and water test, I decided that even though it didn't leak I wanted to try my hand at resealing it - it was my first tank reseal, but it went very smoothly and everything Is water tight. Not the best looking silicone job, but for the most part is very much acceptable. I scraped and cleaned the heck out of it over a few days, using acetone, bar keepers friend, alcohol and lots of razor blades and 1500 grit wet sandpaper. I had an extra tube of SCS 1200 to use, so I used it for the inside seams.

Hardscape is done how I would like it, with a few plant clippings in there to get started. a larger sword in the back, crypts in the rock formation, some flame moss on the middle rock, and weeping moss on the left-most log ( cant see it yet, small clippings).

All plants were relatively small portions, so it will take a while to really grow in

I didn't plan on doing a hugely planted tank, so I won't be running any CO2 or high-lighting.. will dose with ferts as needed. My overall plan was to have a lot of moss (of a few different kinds) spread through this tank on most of the wood.

Diy root tabs under the crypts and sword plant to help out.

Any suggestions for stocking or other plant additions?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	^68EFDD7EC876926E5D942FC79982BA4A6D4C30EC6121006D7B^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	801938  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 04:04 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
I'm a big fan of grassy corners, perhaps some hair grass in the back left corner to grow behind and along the edges of the stone.

(Though, looking at it now, you may have crypts there.) I'd try some around the stump. Once it reaches 4-6" it would look beautiful.

Lo, they do call to me.
They bid me take my place among them
In the halls of Valhalla
Where the brave may live forever.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode