New Tank Spec List - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Post New Tank Spec List

Hey guys, i'm Jun from Malaysia, and i recently found out about aquascaping and am planning to start a tank of my own. After a month of so of research on the web i've gathered some knowledge as to what i need to prepare to start doing it, and here's my planned setup.

Dry Start Method - Low Tech Iwagumi Tank

Tank - ADA Cube Garden Mini M [36x22x26cm] 20.44 Litres / 5.4 Gallons
Filter - Aquaclear 20 HOB (Planning to use 1 foam and 2 biomax inserts)
Light - Chihiros A-361 [21W 63-LED] for 36cm tank
Substrate - ADA Amazonia Powder type [3L] + ADA Power Sand S [2L]
Hardscape - TBC. Am considering getting Ryuoh stone since it's more affordable and looks nice in the layout.
Flora - TBC. Am heavily in favour of Monte Carlo + Eleocharis Parvula. I'm going for an Iwagumi style tank btw.
Fauna - Not sure what can fit in such a small tank. With only 5 gallons to work with (less after the substrate and stone goes in), i'm planning to get just a small school of Dwarf Rasboras [x6] and also Cherry Shrimp [x3] and Amano/Yamato Shrimp [x3].
Test Kit - API Freshwater Master Test Kit
Water Conditioner - ADA Chlor-Off [250ml]
Fish Food - ADA Fish Food AP-1 [15g]

I'm planning to get a glass cut to size in order to act as the lid for the tank. After measuring the Mini M, i've decided that the lid needs to be 34.5 x 18 cm in size. IMO, this is necessary in order to reduce the chances of fish and shrimps jumping out, as well as to keep geckos away from messing around with the tank.

I'm also considering if i should get ADA Clear Dash to treat cloudiness of the tank (just in case) as well as nitrifying bacteria to jump start the cycle (is it necessary?). Also, do i need fertilisers at this point?

What do you guys think of my setup? Is it OK? Would appreciate advice and suggestions as to how i can further improve my setup, thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-04-2017, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Anyone?

Tags
aquascape, ideas, iwagumi layout, new tank, suggestions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode