7 Weeks Plant Growth - The Planted Tank Forum
 1Likes
  • 2 Post By Triport

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-07-2017, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
7 Weeks Plant Growth

Just thought I would share a before and after of one of my planted tanks to show what 7 weeks of growth can look like. I'd gotten busy and let this tank sort of fall apart. It was totally empty with no plants at all. I broke down a 20g tank low tech tank and moved over the large Anubias covered driftwood on the right and had enough trimmings to cover the small driftwood log in the center with Anubias as well. Also brought over the Nymphoides 'Taiwan' from the 20g and the Cryptocoryne on the left.

New plants ordered include Rotala rotundifolia on the left and Rotala 'Nanjenshen' in the center and Aponogeton crispus and Aponogeton longiplumulosus. Barely visible because of slow growth is some Cryptocoryne retrospiralis behind the driftwood on the right and there is also some Cryptocoryne parva up front which is my favorite carpeting plant because it is so easy.

Aponogeton are obviously great for fast results for those who are impatient and the Nymphoides and Anubias have taken off quite a bit because they went from low tech and no Co2 to Co2 and ferts.

7 weeks of plant growth by Kaveh Maguire, on Flickr
Pastelito09 and Pastelito09 like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-08-2017, 12:24 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Nice job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode